on 30 October 2017
This base is just a very in-elegant injection-moulding, with two embedded brass inserts into which your guide bush fits. It comes with pegs and a guide bush allowing you to centre it correctly, and a Pandora's box of screws and washers. It almost comes with basic instructions too.

Will it fit your router? There is a good compatibility guide on the Trend web site, which lists every router I've ever heard of, and a few more too.

If you've read the other reviews, you'll see a number of comments regarding the two brass guide-bush inserts breaking free when trying to tighten the screws. A couple of points here. Firstly, the instructions neglect to tell you that these threads are 'BA', NOT metric (that's 'British Association' - don't be embarrassed if you've never heard of it, it's a funny choice of thread for this application). You can identify the two BA screws as they're the only two countersunk screws in the kit. Make sure you don't lose them.

The second point is that (on the base I got) neither of the brass inserts were anywhere near perpendicular to the base. Not ideal, and no marks for quality control, so take good care when fitting the guide bush.

Finally, when I fitted it to my Makita 3216 router, I had to fit this base plate on top of the original one to provide clearance over the two screws holding on the dust extraction nozzle. No big deal, but it robbed me of a further 2mm of cutter height.
on 24 January 2018
Pulled out my router (Silverline 1/2" Router 2050W 124799) and thought the included guide would be the one I needed for using with a Silverline kitchen routing template, unfortunately it wasn't the 30mm needed and then I was surprised when I couldn't get a 30mm guide for the router. Fortunately I came across a post where someone had used this universal base.

There is a guide on the box to which routers it fits (looking at another review there is a list online as well, I hadn't checked there), mine isn't listed on the box but fortunately it does fit. It only aligns with the two fitting holes closest to the centre, but it is solid enough, would be better if it aligned with the holes further out as well, but they are outside the diameter of the unit. It's held on with two threaded screws and captive nuts which are secured well in the router base so you simply put the supplied nuts in the router base, fit and tighten the screws once you aligned with the supplied alignment pins and bush.

As others have mentioned when you install a guide bush they are only secured with 2 brass inserts in the plastic so be careful not to over tighten. They are only there to hold the guide in place the neat fit will proved the support needed to do the job, so no need to tighten too much, don't see this as a problem as long as you are careful.
on 26 April 2018
The best way to work with another router and trend bushes. As usual, it's well designed and manufactured, but I did find that getting holes that were perfect for my router (a Ryobi router) was a little tricky even with the alignment bush.
on 9 December 2017
Great suitable for my Erbauer ERB380 turning into a much more versatile piece of kit and essential for the trend dovetail jig
on 27 July 2015
None of the fittings supplied fitted my JCB router although the Trend catalogue listed it as compatible, I have managed to adapt the base to fit, this aspect is disappointing but the subbase now works well.
on 14 January 2018
Worked fine on my Festool 1010 router. Two screws to hold it in place. I used it with the Trend letter jig and 13mm letter template guide.
on 7 March 2016
Great base - fits my Makita plunge router just fine, and aside from giving me a circular (and larger) base to work with (the default Makita base has one flat edge), it lets me use guide bushes which is essential for template cutting and for use with dovetail jigs
on 28 December 2014
I bought this, in conjuntion with a Bosch POF 1400 ACE 1400 Watt Router. Only 2 of the holes line up. Not great.
Will probably have to modify my NEW router to make it more secure. Can NOT recommend it at all
on 17 June 2014
I purchased this to fit my Erbauer 2000W router, along with the Trend guide bush. Whilst this will undoubtably fit my Bosch and Draper Routers, it doesn't fit my Erbauer router so I haven't used it - but that said, it appears high quality and I'm sure I'll use it one day.
on 8 December 2015
Needed another base to be able to use guide bushes on two different routers. First one was defective but another was shipped direct from Trend immediately and the originalreturned for investigation. Great service.