on 5 January 2017
I have had this torch just over 5 years and it's still going strong. The only thing i have had to change in that time are batteries and a bulb! The torch is sturdy and is fit for any purpose. Thisnis not an LED version butis a standard halogen bulb variant. For thiose of you who want to be able to shine your light from your house to the moon then this is not the one for you. If you want if for everyday practical use then dont't hesitate ordering it.

The torch is sturdy and very well made. There is a saying.......'pay nice and pay twice.' Not with this product given that it is made by Maglite who are renown for making good, quality torches.
on 21 April 2016
There's a reason people buy the Maglite brand over other pocket lights and that reason is that they are hands down better. I've used various types of Maglite torches for years in a lot of different capacities and they never really fail no matter how much you throw at them. They always have a high quality beam with a lot of light and outstanding build quality. This one in particular is no different. The torch takes 2 AA batteries and is twist on/off, you can replace the bulb when you need to and I'm sure you could get replacement parts for the lens and reflector if needed. I got this one for my mum and she is really happy with it.
on 21 November 2011
I bought this Maglite to replace one that I used heavily for over 12 years. Actually I think it was a battery failure that destroyed the last torch, as I could not get the old batteries out - I suspect the batteries themselves expanded. This is the most brilliant torch to have in your pocket at all times in winter, and whenever it's dark in the summer. I'm lost without it. Actually, I use an LED conversion kit, which I transferred from the old torch, and that means it gives a bright light (albeit non-focusing) which lasts for ages and ages - my battery usage is now a lot less than it used to be with the supplied bulb, which was pretty good anyway. There are of course bigger and brighter torches that are better for many purposes, but those torches are not ones that you can keep in your pocket at all times. I have found no torch that is as small, indestructible (almost) and bright as this one, and so easy to carry around. (OK the Maglite Solitaire is smaller, but the beam on the Mini Maglite AA is so much better it's worth the size penalty.) I thoroughly recommend this torch.
on 4 April 2017
So handy, I keep this in my glove box for all occasions. It's saved me many times, love the fact it uses standard batteries.
VINE VOICEon 11 February 2014
I love Maglite torches and this one, despite it's size, does not disappoint. It fits snuggly in a coat pocket, the beam width is adjustable and powerfull enough to be of use. The build quality is second to none, you can rely on it to work when needed.
on 3 March 2014
These small maglites provide excellent lighting in a virtually indestructible body. I find this a handy pocket-sized torch but you can also buy an excellent leather holder for fixing to your belt.
on 17 February 2014
My 10 year old loves it- very bright long range tight beam on one setting, mini floodlight on the other extreme. I find the adjustment fiddly- you have to twist the main body, which takes 2 hands. But my son is not bothered by this. Great powerful light for dog walking/ poo finding. BUT heavy on the batteries
on 1 March 2012
This is the best AA torch available, in my opinion. We use them proffesionally at work - they get several hours of use per day, and last for years.

This one has no paint to chip or scratch; perfect.
on 27 April 2014
Not my review, really, this was a gift, and the young lady (9yr old) concerned loves it! Ah childhood joy at reading after 'lights out' under the bed clothes!
on 31 August 2013
This torch is extremely handy and gives off a great light for its size. It is lovely to hold with an adjustable and beam.