on 4 April 2017
So handy, I keep this in my glove box for all occasions. It's saved me many times, love the fact it uses standard batteries.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 October 2010
What an amazing torch. It's tiny, about the size of a large lipstick, but boy does it pack in some power. Easy to assemble, drops and bounces rather than shatters, what more could you want from a mini torch?

The torch comes with a handy keyring and a battery, and there is a spare bulb housed in the unit apparently. It assembled in seconds and is so very useful I have bought another for someone else to enjoy.

From finding your car late at night, to locating the key hole in a darkened doorway, to finding a black puppy dog in the middle of the garden at 1am, this torch is perfect. I've thrust it into dark cupboards to find lost things, fixed a fust with the torch in my teeth (no mean feat but it can be done, and nt reccomended for health and safety purposes) and dropped it so many times I think it lives on the floor. It remains undamaged and prefectly useable.

So there you go, what more could you want from a little torch!
on 3 February 2005
Fantastic.
If you want a small, sturdy but yet powerfull torch then Maglite is the way forward.
on 27 November 2007
Good little torch. Being a copper, it's a good one to have on the belt when patrolling. You can twist the torch head which makes the beam narrow into a single spot. This enables you to use it like a spotlight on objects far away. For close range, twist it the opposite way. This makes the beam wider and gives you better, wider area of illumination. To switch the torch on, you have to twist the head. Nice design but a little in-practical, especially if you're going to carry it on a utility belt. I found that it sometimes switched on whilst I'd get in and out of cars. Sometimes when switched on in the torch pouch, I'd have no knowledge of it being switched on, hence battery drainage. On numerous occasions I came to use the torch and found it had consumed the batteries. Still, good torch, but only if you keep an eye on it.
on 1 March 2012
This is the best AA torch available, in my opinion. We use them proffesionally at work - they get several hours of use per day, and last for years.

This one has no paint to chip or scratch; perfect.
on 19 October 2012
This is a fabulous torch. Small enough to carry around in most situations and as bright as any of the 'new' LED ones.

Fast delivery.

Recommended.
on 21 November 2011
I bought this Maglite to replace one that I used heavily for over 12 years. Actually I think it was a battery failure that destroyed the last torch, as I could not get the old batteries out - I suspect the batteries themselves expanded. This is the most brilliant torch to have in your pocket at all times in winter, and whenever it's dark in the summer. I'm lost without it. Actually, I use an LED conversion kit, which I transferred from the old torch, and that means it gives a bright light (albeit non-focusing) which lasts for ages and ages - my battery usage is now a lot less than it used to be with the supplied bulb, which was pretty good anyway. There are of course bigger and brighter torches that are better for many purposes, but those torches are not ones that you can keep in your pocket at all times. I have found no torch that is as small, indestructible (almost) and bright as this one, and so easy to carry around. (OK the Maglite Solitaire is smaller, but the beam on the Mini Maglite AA is so much better it's worth the size penalty.) I thoroughly recommend this torch.
VINE VOICEon 12 January 2008
Actually a little disappointing in that the rotating head is wobblier than it ought to be which creates an unsymmetrical (i.e. non-circular) light pattern on whatever you're illuminating. Also, the light output is visibly "warm" (i.e. quite orangey).

If you're used to using Maglite's bigger D-cell torches, which are excellent when used with the newer crop of LED bulbs (EverLED being the current pick for a drop-in replacement), then this Mini Maglite is certainly no scaled down version. Try before you buy is my suggestion.
on 23 February 2014
This torch uses an incandescent bulb. It was the best we had in the 1980s, but times have moved on and LED bulbs provide more brightness and consume less battery power. I have an old one of these and it is far dimmer than my modern LEDs. The web reckons this puts out about 15 lumens whereas my Thrunite AAA keyring torch (much smaller) is 80 lumens. http://www.amazon.co.uk/ThruNite-Flashlight-XP-G2-reflector-Waterproof/dp/B00AR7B3C0

If you want a Maglite, get the LED version of this. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Maglite-Mini-LED-Pro-Black/dp/B007HNJ66C . More expensive, but at 245 lumens about TWENTY times as bright by the sound of it (I don't own one). I would expect build quality to be pretty good based on my old one.

Incandescent bulbs have been removed from sale as household lightbulbs. Why they are still selling them in torches, where power consumption is even more important, seems crazy!
on 5 January 2017
I have had this torch just over 5 years and it's still going strong. The only thing i have had to change in that time are batteries and a bulb! The torch is sturdy and is fit for any purpose. Thisnis not an LED version butis a standard halogen bulb variant. For thiose of you who want to be able to shine your light from your house to the moon then this is not the one for you. If you want if for everyday practical use then dont't hesitate ordering it.

The torch is sturdy and very well made. There is a saying.......'pay nice and pay twice.' Not with this product given that it is made by Maglite who are renown for making good, quality torches.