Customer reviews

on 22 May 2017
Very good...arrived on time.
on 14 February 2012
What is it about 40 ?
I started the job, wanting to do a simple soldering connection, using my own soldering iron that I have had for 40 years plus, plugged it in and Nothing !, the element had gone and broke !!
Looked around for a suitable, quick replacement and alighted on Faithfulls advert on this website.
Purchased the 40watt soldering iron (there you go again with 40). It was delivered
in quick time and used successfully.

Its a great product, well made, gets to a hot heat quickly and at a very good price.
on 12 August 2012
I have a gun type soldering iron but was looking for somthing a bit smaller.
its perfect for the jobs that i do and for all the price of it you can"t
go wrong,very happy with it.
on 26 June 2013
This product was a nightmare. The first one burnt out and stopped working. Amazon sent a replacement very quickly. The second one the tip burnt and fell apart very quickly in only a few hours of soldering about 10 spots, so I used the tip from the first one, and again the tip fell apart in about 15 minutes of use. Could be a good item, as when working, and at the beginning, it was perfect, but I think the tip should last longer than 15 minutes. To be honest I d go for a better quality one from the beginning. Sorry.
on 11 March 2013
This iron heats very quickly and does a great job (With a little help from me)....So, all I can say is that the product is very good indeed.
on 8 July 2013
This is a good soldering iron. Initially I thought that the little stand was missing. I was wrong. It is in fact a flat piece of tin (quite adequate) which was 'hidden' in the packaging! My mistake...just wanted to put this right!
on 16 June 2013
Pretty good - only drawback is that the handle gets a bit too hot.after using it for for more than just a short time
on 6 January 2015
The only positive thing I can say about this iron is that it gets hot. The tip supplied is possibly the worst I have ever come across and does not "tin" at all (where the solder coats the tip in a thin film of solder). As a result it was quite difficult to use and ended up with big blobs of solder on the join rather than nice neat ones.
The iron itself is ok but change the tip as soon as you get it.
on 15 April 2014
The tip supplied started sloughing after the first day's use. I suspect, sadly, the iron's lack of regulation means its overheating.

Substituting the tip shouldn't be hard, but do make sure you have a decent quality spare that can handle the temperature.
on 5 May 2013
This is my second one - the fault is mine. I dropped the last one and broke the heating element. This is a good, reasonably priced piece of kit when purchased. Excellent for soldering reasonably sized components, a bit large for very small stuff.