Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 27 August 2016
Love Spike,laughed all the way through,and then giggled for days after,one of our best comedians.I used to watch him with my dad as a youngster,now in my sixties I watch him with my husband,Spike's comedy never ages,still just as funny.
on 11 April 2017
A great watch. Would highly recommend to others. Many thanks
on 19 July 2017
Excellent service, disc first class, thanks.
on 13 April 2017
Very good all as promised
on 14 July 2017
very funny worth getting
on 3 June 2017
Fond memories.
on 6 August 2017
Great item fast delivery
on 13 December 2012
With so much to choose from (maybe archives are incomplete) its an odd compilation.
There is much on U-Tube which makes this superfluous.
on 16 January 2012
This was very disappointing as not representative of the funny sketches we remembered from Q series. Bought this to replace a mangled video (now out of stock) but that WAS funny unlike this effort.The Best of Spike Milligan [DVD]
on 21 November 2010
Why oh Why couldn't this dvd have a longer running time? When you think of how many series of Q programmes that Spike made for the BBC let alone all the guest appearances he made on other shows this offering is just a tiny snippet of his career.
I grew up in a family of Spike lovers, my father owning all the war memoir books, my brother lending me Puckoon and Small Dreams of a Scorpion, my mother cherishing his poems and myself tuning into the radio to catch reruns of the Goons on Radio 4. I was almost a teenager when I first remember watching any of the Q series which was a bit risquet at the time (see the Cash Machine sketch to see why) and to me he was funnier than Monty Python. Like them alot of his humour is hit and miss but still as enduring and he didn't have to resort to profanity to make his point either. Particular hilights on the dvd include insects auditioning for Sir David Attenborough, the singing viking maid, the camp camp and the dim witted Scouts. Where the Dalek sketch is is a mystery.
If you like your humour a little silly and a bit left field then you will enjoy this dvd. Kept me laughing for the full 80 minute runtime.
33 Comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse