1,064

on 4 March 2014
I was looking for these for my son , they are light weight , but sturdy as he uses a wheelchair/ crutches so didn't want them to be too heavy , the magnifaction is great and easy to adjust , have had Olympus binoculars before so know they a good and trusted make , my son used them recently at a zoo where some animals you couldn't see as to far away ,even with zoom lens camera he used these and able to see them very clearly so yeah def recommend these and they def worth the money a total bargin
on 16 May 2016
Exceeded all expectations. have spent too many years buying "super zoom" binoculars. The Quality, clarity, field of view I could go nn .... are all excellent. well done Olympus!
on 24 August 2013
Quite incredible quality for the price and well worth buying if you are looking for binoculars on a budget. They seem to make things stand out in the foreground so it really does sometimes feel like you are viewing things in the 3D. Comes with a carry case, that does the job perfectly. Has caps on all four lens ends and they feel heavy to give you the feel of quality without being too heavy not to easily have around the neck for most of the day or with the bag over the shoulder. Great buy!
on 5 June 2014
I purchased these binoculars after reading some positive reviews on this site. I enjoy taking a leisurely stroll around our local nature reserves, woodlands, and along a disused canal, watching our local wildlife. These binoculars have been excellent for identifying birds in the trees. My old pair would have just showed up a blurred, brown blob ( they were very basic and very cheap), but with the Olympus 8 x 40 DPSI Binoculars, a bit of knowledge, and my RSPB guide, it is a far more rewarding experience knowing the diversity of birds spotted on my walks. I was standing at the edge of a brook the other week, and was distracted by a small white object that looked a little out of place. On further inspection using the binoculars, it soon became apparent that the white object was in fact the white breast of an adult dipper standing on a rock in the river. I then noticed it had a chick which was well camouflaged on the rock, but the binoculars gave me a very clear view - if I did not have the binoculars, I would never have seen them. The binoculars have a secure strap and a good quality case too. I had no problems ordering them, and they arrived much sooner than suggested, so overall, I am very happy with this purchase and am happy to recommend the seller and binoculars.
on 28 March 2015
I've always believed that 'bigger is better.' Hence I've had a variety of 'big' telescopes, and binoculars had to be at least 10 x 50 or more. But you know what? These 8 X 40 binoculars from Olympus are absolutely fabulous!!! A bright and crystal clear image. Light but robust and beautifully balanced in use, I just don't see how binoculars could get any better than these. They have certainly far exceeded my expectations. Well done Olympus. Highly recommended.
on 18 March 2012
There's not much I can add to the many positive reviews about these Olympus binoculars. In short they are just amazing quality for the money - under £50 delivered by Amazon in my case.

My main use for these is birding and the sharpness, clarity and ease of use are right up to the mark and in keeping with binoculars costing considerably more. In terms of weight and handling, I personally find them just fine. They are considerably lighter than my early pair of Boots Korean 10x50 and only a touch heavier than my Japanese 8x30 porros. They are very comfortable in the hands(medium size male)but obviously personal preferences apply in this area.

Nothing more to add other than if you're ploughing through the vast range of quality birding and general use binoculars on offer, I would advise you to end your search right here.

I doubt you'll find a better deal.
on 7 September 2015
I write this review having taken them to Costa Rica, specifically to see the abundant wildlife and birdlife on show such as toucans, scarlet macaws, vipers, poison-dart frogs and crocodiles and I was delighted with the result. The clarity in the image is breathtaking with this pair and the 8X resolution, although not by any means the highest at this price range, was more than adequate to get close-up views of birds and other wildlife such as sloths. It really brought seeing the animals to life. On the basis of image clarity, I highly doubt this pair can be beaten at this price by any other brand. They are a fairly weighty and bulky pair however so if you are travelling light, you may consider a slightly lighter-weight pair - that is if you are willing to sacrifice the image quality somewhat. Although I cannot speak much of the longevity of the binoculars having had them just short of 4 months, they seem a really solid pair and they have been exposed to humidity far exceeding 90% in the tropical rainforest and are yet to show any signs of deterioration in the lens. In conclusion, I could not recommend these binos highly enough, they are a fantastic pair for what is really the price peanuts when considering the quality of the optics.
on 1 March 2014
I bought these binoculars as a gift to my partner who loves watching birds. I haven't had a chance to look through them yet! She says they are brilliant, however the one issue is the strap, which would have been nice if it was more comfortable. Hence 4 stars. I know you can buy a better strap, but these would be perfect if the strap had been included in the original price. I'm probably asking for too much there, as the price is very reasonable already.
on 30 September 2016
I've been using these for a while now and I absolutely love them. Everything looks really nice and crisp thanks to the great lens it uses. They magnify 8 times which I would say is the sweet spot as anything over that requires a tripod so that you can actually see what you're looking at because of your hands' instability.

They come with a case and a strap, as well as lens protectors so you've got all you need straight out of the box.
on 11 April 2016
I bought these Olympus binoculars to watch birds in the garden. My previous experience of binnoculars were a pair I bought in Dixons back in the 80s and my father's RAF issue. The Olympus are so much better, the image is stunning in comparison, so bright and so clear. They feel reassuringly substantial, not heavy and the rubberised finish is easy to grip. The bright sharp image is a real surprise for less than £50. No need to pay more.