Customer reviews

Oh Mercy
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 May 2017
Bought album after hearing track on music provider. I have the same track on Rare and Unreleased so style and interpretation, comparison is interesting. Dylan always surprises musically...some tracks on other albums I can skip, some replay repeatedly. All tracks are good on this release...of course this a subjective view. This album is a bridge between the various Dylan styles for fans.
on 27 March 2018
This album is without a doubt Dylans finest work since 'blood on the tracks'. There are 5 or 6 absolute classics. And as usual with the great man, he finishes off with the perfect closing track. 'Shooting star' is too good to be true! And all you fans of 'time out of mind' should own this even better CD. I believe this CD to be better because of running time, cohesiveness, variety of songs. Great album though TOOM is, it is overlong and patchy. I'm a lifelong fan of Dylan and I rate this astonishing album right up there in his top 3 or 4 albums of all time. Just buy it!
on 10 January 2014
There is some good stuff on here ...
I bought it for ione song .."The Man in the Long black coat" ..but the whole album is very listenable to and "When teardrops fall" is alo a lovely tune
Well produced ... I've really enjoted it ...way more than I expected to.
on 1 November 2013
Along with the wonderful Infidels album this one is a high point for Dylan in the 80's and during a decade that is often met with scorn an criticism of his output, this showed he could still turn it on and produce some classic material...
on 12 February 2015
i'm just getting into the newer (?) dylan stuff and like this very much !
on 16 February 2014
After emerging from a haze of substance abuse this album is literally fantastic. Dylan appearing to deal with his mortallity and heartache. Although he claims its not his feelings. Yeah sure. Whatever the music is still great. Tracks 6, 7,9 and 10 are the best. I think this is the best Dylan has got post 1975.
on 22 February 2018
A fabulous album. Highlight - Man in the Long Black Coat.
on 24 November 2016
100% OK
thanks
JH
on 27 October 2016
This one has really grown on me and I find myself putting "What Good Am I?" on repeat.
on 10 February 2015