Format: DVD|Change

on 4 February 2010
I don't think you can go all that wrong with a Disney film , you know that it will be family friendly and that kids of any age will enjoy it, er wrong if this didn't say Disney on the front I would not have guessed, this is not your usual suguary fare this really was scary and I ended up with both my children (aged 5 and 7) refusing to sleep in their own beds. However I really did like the film and maybe for families with children over the age of 10 or 11 this would be a good choice, or maybe as an introduction to horror films when they are a bit to young to watch any real ones.
on 2 January 2014
This to me has to be one of the most intriguing movies ever made. The history surrounding Watcher in the Woods has fascinated me for years.
On it's initial release in the USA the runtime of the movie was approximately 1hr 40mins. After it's first week on the big screen it was pulled, re-edited and re-released a year later with a runtime of 83mins.
I won't go into all the history but for those of you interested there is a great article about it written by Scott Michael Bosco via this link: [...]

I saw this on TV when I was very young and it scared me back then, but not now obviously.. honest!! I hold this film quite close to my heart for it's childhood memories of being truly the first thing to scare me as a young man. Now women do that mostly!! :)

Don't expect to much, don't try to read into it to much, just turn out the lights, pop your kids on your lap and enjoy one of the few films Disney really didn't aim at a family audience. Also please bombard them with emails to release the original 100 minute version, I think we can handle it now surely??
on 30 December 2005
This is a brilliant film and has been my favourite since my childhood. I too remember watching it in the school holidays and remember thinking how scary it was for a Disney kids film. I have only just convinced my school friend into watching it again, as she has been too scared to see it since she was 10! Although still a wonderful concept film, it does seem a little dated in a way, but the story is original and is definitely a must see movie, if you like the paranormal angle on your films.
Still my favourite ever film!
on 29 April 2008
I loved this film as a child and looked for it a few years ago but had no luck! Was so glad I was found it on here! It scared me so much when I younger and was shocked to see thay it was made by Disney! haha! Me and my 11 year old daughter watched it last night and it still made me jump, I think the music makes it more scarey that what it is but it certainly made my daughter jump too! A much loved film!
on 3 March 2004
This film is excellent, having watched it as a child we have been searching for it for years. It is was scary then and still has a chill factor but it is so intriging, the plot is exciting leaving you not too sure what is round the next corner. I recommend it to everyone who likes the 70's scary movies. If I had to give one word to describe it, it's fantastic! Please watch and find out!
on 10 April 2007
This film frightened the life out of me one rainy afternoon at junior school, and since then i've been hooked on this film. last time i watched it i was snuggled up in bed, dying of the flu, and i was warped back to my childhood. i've been searching for this film for years, its been the holy grail of my family! i csnt believe i didnt think to check amazon!!
on 11 May 2015
great movie with bette davies as the tortured mother of Karen who disappears one night under mysterious circumstances. for a Disney movie it can be quite dark and scary (not one for young kids). it has enough to engage adults. I bought it as I loved it the first time I saw it on tv. it should be shown a lot more
on 13 September 2014
Potentially curious mix of children movie and horror/scifi, but with a disney happy ending that becomes predictable already in the middle of the film, effecting and, in a way, spoiling the remaining half.
Still it has some unexpected gothic and disturbing elements that are quite unusual for a Disney film.
But try "Something wicked this way comes": that is really the most unusual and disturbing Disney film ever done
on 18 February 2016
My daughter loves Disney so I thought I would get this as it is a little different. I had never watched it before but thought that it would be good.
It was okay - it shows it's age and I was not completely gripped. It's a little creepy and supernatural and I think it would not be suitable for certain, more sensitive children. I'm not sure my som would enjoy this at all.
My daughter liked it but we were both very surprised that it was a 12, so I would be wary letting a younger viewer watch it on their own.
on 16 November 2010
i watched this one night as it was mysterious and a walt disney, it is a very good story with some good actors and a feel good ending but i would advise not to show it to under 10's as it might give them some sleepless nights for a while, but all in all it was a good film