Customer reviews

This Is the Sea [Remastered & Expanded Version]
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 31 March 2013
If you only get one Waterboys album, this should be the one. I fell in love with it from the first few notes of the brilliant opening to Don't Bang the Drum and the whole album is absolutely superb. There's not a duff track on it and I love it as much now as when I first heard it all those years ago in my friend David's car on the way to a gig at the Comedy Club - thanks for the introduction, mate! The second disk has a lot of tracks that I've never heard, so this was a bonus, as the majority of them could have made it onto the released albums. All in all, one of my favourite ever albums from one of my favourite ever bands, the big music that The Waterboys gave us should have been far more successful commercially, but I'm sure that all of us who picked up on it still bang the drum on behalf of Mike Scott and the boys. Awesome.
7 people found this helpful
on 11 January 2018
I replaced my original and it is great
on 4 February 2014
From time to time I play my Fishermans Blues which is my favourite from Waterboys. If you want "a best of" this one is maybe a good choise, because you get a good record plus a lot of extras. I could easily give Waterboys 5stars since some of the tracks here are masterpieces, but as a compilation of 23 tracks with some just ordinary its correct to lower one star.
on 2 May 2015
classic 80s album though popular never seemed to belong to that decade..
in truth its a timeless spiritual rock masterpiece far superior to anything the band achieved before or after.
accoustic and electric the playing is of a high order and the songs are exelent urgent and vital..
not the best recording ever but the vibrant soul of this album far outwieghs that.
on 24 June 2018
Classic Waterboys album top three album
on 25 April 2018
Another great cd from an excellent group
on 5 April 2018
Classic album nicely presented with interesting bonus tracks.
on 22 August 2014
I wrote a bad review for this album, but I'm changing that now because I've heard it a few times and really like it !! Maybe I just wasn't tuning in to it before, I don't know, but the fact is that I now like it alot :-)
on 29 May 2018