Customer reviews

on 9 May 2004
This is a must have for any real hip-hop fan. Having never heard anything by Murs before buying this CD or even anything on the defjux label I was a little unsure of what I was getting. But it turned out to be one of the best CD’s I have heard for a long time. Having recently brought Little Brothers album I was aware of Ninth Wonder who does the production on the whole album and Phonte who appears on ‘The Animal’ so I was expecting something along those lines and I was not disappointed.
Although there are only ten songs, which have a running time of 35 minutes this in no way detracts anything from the album. The whole album form start to end is truly amazing, from ninth wonders production to the brilliant vocal and lyrical talents of Murs.
Murs ability to tell stories both humorously and compellingly throughout the CD, have the listener in awe, ‘Freak These Tales’ is a classic example in which Murs tells the story of his love life and sexual experiences from a young boy and throughout his life and for me this is the best song on the album which I have to listen to at least twice before I can go onto the next song and is worth the price of the disc alone. My other favourite tracks include Bad Man, Pain, 3:16 and Walk Like A Man, don’t get me wrong though there are no bad tracks on the album, which I believe is why there are only ten songs because Murs and Ninth didn’t want the album to sound sloppy by putting any filler on it.
Do yourself a favour and buy this cd, if you don’t you will be missing out on a true masterpiece
on 30 October 2010
...Have a little fun while makin' music of significnace. A really solid album, Murs is one of the best storytellers in rap and he covers a suprisingly wide variety of subjects as only he can with clear and punchy rhymes. Meanwhile 9th Wonder takes care of the production for the whole album which ensures every track has a top quality beat, as you would expect from the former Little Brother producer. It's not a long record at around 35 minutes, but then neither was Illmatic...
on 22 September 2005
I'm a greenlander, not pretty good in english, so I hope this will be helpful to you.
Reading OneBeLo's S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M. review, I found out that Murs should be a good rapper, so I got this cd 3:16 the 9th edition.
I'm not that familiar with 9th wonder or Murs, I started with this cd, even though it's some time ago it was released.
Straight to the point, this cd is great, it got a great Intro, with sci-fi beats, I can accept it.
The rest production is great, like The Pain, Freak these tales, Walk like a man; with different beat for each verse, soo great, with heartfelt lyrics, about his bestfriend died, and the vengeance he had.
This album is worth buying, got nothing but thought-through-lyrics, what do you call it.
I give it 4½ stars
on 17 May 2013
Very good Cd flows well there's some good funny lyrics on this album i have got a few of of his but this is one of the better albums.