Customer reviews

Draper 56444 3-in-1 Heavy-Duty Sack Truck
Price:£100.02+ £21.80 shipping

on 3 November 2013
Arrived virtually ready to go - pop the wheels on, secure with a couple of washers and split pins and its ready to go.

Bought it for a recent house move, thinking it would probably come in handy for the future too. It proved invaluable and saved a lot of time.

The truck is very solidly built and the versatility of the additional leg/wheel assembly giving additional support at an angle or allowing conversion to a trolley is very useful. The large, pneumatic wheels help in negotiating steps, and the fold down bottom-plate extender provides extra stability when transporting large boxes.

There are similar items cheaper, but the robust build quality of this one inspires confidence that it can take a lot of abuse! It gives the impression that it could carry a lot of weight, or be thrown down concrete steps without suffering!

Overall very happy. One thing to be born in mind is that it is quite heavy in it's own right (about 19kg) but this is only a concern if you actually need to lift it.
on 28 October 2009
Versatile and handy product. Easy to adjust the carrying position. Very well made, excellent quality & value for money with prompt delivery.
on 19 August 2013
I get through one sack barrow every two to three months. They fall apart from the heavy use they get. So far this one is doing well. Its greatest strength is the pair of wheels on the drop down bar. Most of the competition provide only one wheel which explodes, firing ball bearings everywhere, and no one sells replacement wheels.

I wish I had bought another two of these to keep in stock - I'm that impressed. I won't be ordering any more via Amazon because the CityLink couriers they used were appalling.

So, in summary, I strongly recommend the barrow but urge you to think carefully if you can face the terrible delivery service that comes with it.

Review update - 15 October - wheel fell off in normal use! Easy to fix but wishing I hadn't been so excitedly positive in first review. Oh well.
on 9 December 2014
Arrived quickly. Fantastic. Recommended
on 1 July 2017
Seems well built and good quality Came in ontime and product is new and perfect. Loved it so much! Super fast shipping! take the chance and watch with amazement! So these are not what I was expecting...but I love them!!. I was pleasantly surprise by how much I loved this.. I will be buying more!!
on 8 January 2015
You can stack, mount and move anything and everything within the weight limits - from heavy boxes and bags to heavy furniture - like a 4 drawer Bisley filing cabinet (in the upright position), to a wide angled full length mirror (in the drag-along position).
As long as you can lift it on to the Sack Truck or push it on to the 'toeplate' - like tall or large plant pots then this 3-In-1 Heavy Duty Sack Truck will shift it.

There are four Wheels, two large ones for the pull/push position - these are the wheels that carry the weight. The smaller Wheels support the weight of the larger Wheels when the Sack Truck is in the fully extended lower position. The Tyres on the larger Wheels work on the same principles and basis as bicycle/car Tyres - they need regular air/pumping and checks for punctures. Steering the Sack Truck with weight on it is very difficult if the Tyres are flat.

I bought mine in 2006 and I would not be without it - even to this day.
I've moved twice and have problems getting deliveries to my fourth floor apartment, but when I get my Sack Truck out to help, it gets the 'wow' factor. The comments are that, 'it's better than the one they're supplied with'.

Draper is also a household name brand in 'hardware' stuff.
Just be careful when buying this product on Amazon, because I found that Draper has multiple listing of this 3-in-1 Sack Truck - all at different prices.

Thank You!
on 5 September 2011
Well designed, but construction shows signs of being done in a hurry. Specifically, welding is incomplete and untidy. I would have chosen a different item if I'd had the opportunity of seeing it before I bought it. It will probably need repairing in the next few years of use.
on 30 August 2013
Bought to help with a house move , the removals team used it extensively . Taller than expected, wheels need inflating , and bushes/ pins to hold wheels are not great . But it does the job .
on 6 January 2013
Item was sent with split pins for the wheels missing, I had to make my own using small Allan keys, would of gave item 5 stars otherwise.
on 16 April 2012
Well packed as advertised and what I wanted, it quite tall but I wanted it to transport 47kg gas bottles and it is fine for that.