on 19 October 2010
Wasn't expecting much for the money but very pleasantly surprised with this little kit.
Handy to have a couple of jars with it and the 1/4" female bsp connector screwed up to my big compressor airline no problem.
I simply put a bit of air in my compressor air tank and ran the brush off that, I can't see a car spare tyre (that type of adapter needs to be bought separately BTW) would give you air for very long and propellant cans could get expensive, far better buying a little cheap compressor to run it off, but then that would cost far more than the brush kit.
I've also used the brush with cellulose paint and all the components seem to withstand cellulose thinner fine. All in all very impressed and so cheap.
No step by step usage or cleaning instructions, just a parts breakdown diagram, but it's not massively complex and I figured it out pretty quickly with a bit of experimentation onto a piece of card.
It's really fun spraying with too, so controlled and fine :)
22 Comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 September 2012
I recently resprayed my MGB at home (against all the advice of friends smarter than myself!). After a lot of learning by doing I've ended up with a good-looking paint job, but a couple of tiny spots had blemishes. I figured an airbrush would be ideal for touching up and bought the Draper kit in the knowledge that others had been critical of its quality.

The good news is that it has worked just fine for the touch-up job. I've used it to spray automotive cellulose paint, driven from quite a large garage compressor. The compressor connection supplied was a perfect fit. The air-feed tubing screwed to the brush just fine, and the bottle of paint was only a push fit so I worked by holding the paint pot firmly in one hand and guiding the brush gently with the other. I regulated the air pressure directly from the compressor. The job was completed quickly and the components cleaned easily with standard cellulose thinners, to which the components seem to be resilient.

The big downside, as others have commented, is the absence of instructions. It's not too difficult to figure out how to couple the air feed and paint bottles, but I think the bottle is supposed to be screwed in place with the spanner supplied -- I couldn't achieve this. And I haven't the faintest idea how the 'propel regulator valve' is intended to fit into the system.

Bottom line: the airbrush kit is excellent when used in the way I've described and with a compressor that has a 1/4-inch male connector. Absence of instructions precludes a 5-star rating.
on 31 March 2014
This is a copy of a Badger 350 air brush which is good because badger spares will fit ,I have only used the brush once so far doing
some scratch repairs on the car too very good effect, I am now planning to spray a model boat , The brush is ideal for most jobs, but if you want to do very fine lines such as 1mm lines you will need to buy a better brush ......
on 23 May 2015
its good it work well and im haveing fun with it
on 30 May 2014
I found this a great little piece of kit, got for stone chips on may car. Now I have stencils nothing safe I love useing it. John Carrington.
on 2 September 2015
very good indeed
on 4 June 2013
I bought this to replace my old air brush which cost a lot more and have found this to be easier to use. its easy to adjust the spray pattern and control the amount of paint you lay on.
on 9 June 2014
Standard airbrush that does all you would expect for the price. Prefer the gravity-fed models for less cleaning and general maintenance.
on 3 December 2012
I have used air brushes for over twenty years as a sculpter this air brush is perfect for my particular use as back ground spray
on 6 November 2014
Good product for art work.

See one answered question