Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 March 2004
Blade is back.
after a long break away with the unknown project, blade returns with his solo helping and what a great return it is too. I personally thought the unknown LP was a great little LP with one dimensional beats that were designed to play safe, whereas this new LP has a lot more going on with it.
Blade has often been accused of having one topic on previous material, but this time round his content is diverse, dealing with such issues as the usual industry nonsense, battle rhyming, free form rhyming, world affairs, a couple of great story telling tracks (THE JOURNEY & BREATHE) and not forgetting the self analysing I WONDER and the very tasty REFLECTION. He dabbles in a little tint of Rock on ROBOT and absolutely rips it on STORMS ARE BREWING, SLAPPING EGOS, RINK & SCREAM.
Why people don't see beyond the usual (can't be bothered to listen to something that is not on radio daily) and respecting it for what it is is totally beyond me, but my personal feelings are this is a brave move by Blade to stand up for what he believes in and all respect to him for doing this.
The delivery is alway on point, the music is diverse with the use of live musicians throughout and if there was an ounce of fairness in the industry, this album would be appreciated the same way many musicians of yesteryear were for simply putting out great music.
The problem however is that the industry is at the most fickle point it's ever been and unfortunately fails to recognise real talent where there is real talent, and there is real talent here without a question of doubt.
Blade does not need Mark B's one dimensional production on here and I for one am more than happy to stand alone and bravely admit this is the album I would be picking up off the shelf, not only if there was a choice of this and his previous work, but of any other work out there at this time.
The industry needs more people like Blade who are bold enough to follow their instincts and generally make real heart felt music rather than be yet another sound alike to the million sound a likes out there already.
You'd be a fool not to listen to this regardless of some of the obviously biased reviews his album has been getting, and honestly would be missing out on a very essential part of UK music history .
I was a fan before but always doubted his production, but now I'm a bigger fan and love his production skills to the utmost. This is my favourite album of the last 5 years and hasn't left my cd player since I got it. Even my 4 daughters sing along to I WONDER to the point it's now annoying. Let's hope more people who review this album do so with an open mind.
THE LEGEND LIVES ON ......................
on 20 April 2004
This is the best UK hip hop release since blade himself dropped "the liongoes" all those years ago. The hardest working man goes solo, since hereleased "the unknown" with Mark b, and gets it right on every track. Theproductions by Blade, takes you back and makes you realise why you gotinto hip hop in the first place.
Tracks like "Pop Idol" will have you rolling around laughing, when bladetalks about manufactured acts. "I wonder" will have you singing alonglike a school kid as blade raps about all the issues that weve all at sometime thought about. "Blow you out of the frame" is one of my faouriteswith wicked production and the lyrics to back it up. "Robot" and "rink",like others, will keep you going back to this album time and again.Theres a bonus track "BBQ" which is hilarious. In "The Journey" bladetalks about his struggle through the music industry. For "This is my life"and "what have we done" blade keeps the flow through the album at itspeak, when most albums start falling.
You need this album.
The only fault is by the end youll want more!
[...] from the illest MC In hip hop.
- Steve (spho7)
on 29 March 2004
Blade. S.Londons finest? Quite possibly. This is a strong album, tight production, fine lyrics-all good stuff. UK Hip Hop is in a good position right now and Blade is one of the forerunners of the scene. Reason for only 4 stars? Well, purely personal but I really enjoyed his partnership with Mark B on the last long player, but as I say, it is purely personal. Buy this album and support UK Hip Hop.
on 20 April 2004
...storms are brewing? They certainly will be in the Hip-Hop world now Blade is back. After being absent for a while Blade shows us he is still relevant & still at the forefront of the UK Hip-Hop scene. This record dazzles us with poignant lyrics, stunning production & groundbreaking rhymes. The world should take notice...Blade is here to stay!
Buy this record now! Awesome!!
on 20 April 2004
Normally i am not a very big fan of hip-hop, but this Cd has forced me tochange my ideas about it, this Album broke all of my
views on hip-hopand redefined the way i feel about hip-hop. this album is simplymindblowing
on 21 May 2015
Don't know how it got a weak review on a UK hiphop website.....
It's Blade = hiphop legend= get it and enjoy!
on 24 April 2004
this is the best damn album since modest mouse dude seriously, and foronly what £12, its a bloody steal! if you like any hip hop, trip hop,anything you will love these guys they are that damn good. and tell youfriends, these guys are hitting it big time. ^_^