on 28 May 2013
I bought this as a gift for my mum's birthday. Having never seen a pasta maker before I was expecting it to be bigger, but it does seem well-built. My mum is very happy with it so it was well worth the money. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys making food from scratch, so this would be a great gift for someone who has a bread maker in my opinion.
on 28 May 2013
Excellent value for money and a good piece of equipment. Perhaps I was just lucky or it was beginners luck, but the 2nd and 3rd batches were excellent and I received many compliments! I think the ratchet on the side to adjust the distance between rollers is a bit tricky especially with floury hands, but with use it seems easier and after the first batch I can get it progressively down to the thinnest setting which made melt-in-the-mouth fettucine! I would recommend it!
on 17 March 2013
purchased this pasta roller/cutter after reading through countless reviews. it came well packaged and in good time so no problems with seller. the machine itself is very sturdy and easy to clean and use. my only gripe is that the handle keeps falling out whilst being used. it would have got 5 stars but for this.
on 2 April 2013
This item looks really good. It was given to my wife at Christmas 2011 and is still unused and in its box. I have no doubt its perfect and one day when my wife is away somewhere I may even try it myself. I'm sure its fine for making pasta and she has the books to accompany it, but for now its ready meals from Marks as usual! (April 2013)
on 26 November 2013
I make pasta once a week regularly. This machine has performed well so far. It feels solid and it's easy to use. Only critics is the handle that keeps loosening itself out and the clamp that doesn't provide much stability. Previously I had a Marcato and it wasn't great, this one is much better. I doubt there are many other alternatives, so this one is a good choice if you are buying a pasta machine.
on 8 July 2013
always check what's included when buying this. I bought an accessory suggested for this specific machine and model but it was already included with this pasta machine! I'm usually very good at checking these things so it wasn't made clear that it wasn't needed as an extra.
I then lost money when retuning it as the cost of the return postage was deducted from the money I received back from it.
However the pasta machine is fine and is very good for the price of it and my fiancee loved it as a gift!
on 19 December 2013
Looks like the real deal (hence, the one star), but making pasta with the children to my surprise the working parts on the main part of the pasta unit broke and the winder no longer works. Would not recommend this, as it didn't even last one use ! I would have expected better lasting working parts. One very disappointed customer. The attachment for tagliatelle and spaghetti still works....great....
on 4 April 2016
The right quality to the right price. Please note that Imperia also make a wider model. SP150 refers to the width of the rollers (150 mm). I have used mine the whole weekend with great results. Easy to use and is certainly worth every penny. An improvement could be to further develop the "attachment". The attachment screw works fine, but will not be handy on all surfaces with limited room underneath. A vacuum attachment could be an alternativ, as there is great space under the machine it self. My Imperia came with some scratches and a single negligible bulge. Thinks this is due to bad handling/packaging. But nothing that keeps me from making pasta :-).
on 20 May 2013
Great piece of equipment and works really well. Absolute quality build with heavy solid parts that you don't feel are going to break down over time. If considering buying a machine pay for it once - bit more expensive but far far better than the cheap DIY stuff widely available at a cheaper price
on 31 January 2013
I've already bought the kitchenaid set of pasta machines and when the drive broke (easy to replace...but they don't sell them so don't buy} I decided to try this. For the price its every bit as good as the kitchen aid set and it won't break. You need to put a wet cloth under it to stop it from slipping about hence 4 stars