on 21 November 2010
I have delicate knees, always need kneelers, and like many users of same have trouble finding ones that a], are comfortable and b], will stay up for more than 5 minutes of wear!!

Saw these, liked the Irwin name, and liked the look of the way the straps were attached, so gave them a try.

They arrived, with a tag saying "Irwin Industrial". Industrial? - huh! - toytown more like. The thin fabric cover separated from the [flimsy] padding within 2 hours [!] of first wearing them, by the end of a week of light ocassional use they were useless. The desperately inadequate internal padding had come away from the wrapping, the straps already over-stretched, flimsy flimsy flimsy!

"Professional" Knee Pads - someone is taking the mick here!

So back to the good old pair I bought 6 years ago for £6, and have patched many times, which were still 10 times better than this feeble offering.
By no means the only uncomfortable and relatively ineffective kneelers out there, but by far the worst I've ever encountered for longevity.
Irwin, you should be ashamed to put your name on these.

on 18 May 2010
Being an elderly person who is built on the larger side, I require extra support under my knees when having to kneel either in the house or garden when odd jobs were to be done, which was not provided by using a padded kneeling stool as it was very painful. I have found the knee pads excellent in providing the support wanted and to me they are good value because they allow me to do my odd jobs in comfort protecting me from the pain I used to have. I had no knowledge of what support, style or any other technicality the knee pads had but the information and accompanying illustration persuaded me in my purchase which I have not regretted.
on 16 February 2012
Having purchased many pairs of kneepads the one thing I usually find is that typically the straps have small areas of velcro and aren't that adjustable. Not having big fat legs this generally means they fall down as they can't be adjusted tight enough.

The Irwins do overcome this problem as you can adjust both sides of the strap - great. They're also reasonably comfortable and provide a decent (although not gelpad) level of cushioning.

However there's a bit of a problem - I'm now on my third pair and the two previous ones have developed exactly the same defect - the plastic kneecap is attached to the padding with x4 plastic rivets, over time and I have to say not particularly heavy use these come away at the top as the fabric stretches when you kneel down. You might live with this as long as the cap stays attached and they do their job right? The associated problem is that once this happens every bit of stone and grit seems to find it's way behind the cap making them incredibly uncomfortable to use/there's a constant need to empty them out. Gets annoying quite quickly.

This seems to be a basic design fault that has rendered an otherwise functional item useless. I generally like Irwin products, but they need to try harder with this one and bond the plastic knee-cap to the pad more effectively.
on 3 December 2010
They do the job OK, but they tend to move down however much you tighten the straps. Not too good for long periods of use.
on 17 April 2012
I got an amazon voucher for Christmas and didn't know what to get, then I remembered that I had a job to do in the garage that required kneeling, I already had some of the foam type basic knee pads but thought it would be nice to have a delux pair. They are great and give excellent protection.
on 1 August 2010
Got this for my boyfriend who has recently started painting as a profession. He spends a lot of time on his knees and of course they get very sore. This item arrived perfectly presented, and the knee pads seem very robust and durable. An excellent buy.
on 4 December 2013
seem like a good pair of knee pads only time will tell.bought to replace worn out pair of pad [by another maker] that were over 5 years old. hope these will last as long
on 20 September 2014
Still going strong after 8 and a half months of use and abuse. The hard plastic isn't the best for kneeling on slates mind you but for the price you can't complain.
on 16 May 2013
These have really helped my knees when I am gardening. They are comfortable to wear and definitely help my kness when on the ground.
on 11 December 2014
this was a gift for a friend - to do DIY or someting - cant remember - anyhoo he LOVED THEM and couldnt have been happier :)