Customer reviews

on 5 August 2016
The pot itself is nice and solid, the burner is a little bit tinny and the fondue forks arrived bent out of shape. Would have returned it for a replacement but would have to pay for postage and seeing as it's quite heavy cheaper just to go and buy a new set of fondue forks. Overall not the greatest purchase.
on 23 April 2017
Really good fondue set
on 14 May 2010
This looks as good as the photo suggests it will! The enamel quality is excellent, lovely even, soft cream colour. It certainly does not look out of place alongside my cream Le Creuset kitchenware!
The pot is a nice heavy cast iron pot that heats evenly and retains the heat very well. The stand did seem a little flimsy on first inspection, but is adequate and stable enough not to be of concern. It coped well enough without threat of tipping at all with my children all eagerly dipping in! The size of the pot is excellent. It holds more than enough fondue to feed a hungry group of 6 adults as a main course cheese fondue.

While I usually try to purchase top quality kitchen equipment names rather than cheaper "false economy" items that could need replacing faster, I bought this thinking I would not be using it frequently and so worth a risk buying something a little "cheaper". I was delighted to find such a well made, attractive set of decent quality for a fraction of the cost of the kind of brands I would usually consider first. There is nothing "cheap" about this and has also had more use that I expected too. It is popular with my children and so much easier to clean than anticipated. The heavy base spreads heat well and stops the fondue burning. I would certainly consider Kitchen Craft products in the future.

One note of caution - it does not come with any fondue gel packs or fuel. While we have used the meths method as a standby while locating gel packs, I recommend you purchase the gel. Not only seems a little safer to use, the meths can smell a little.
on 1 February 2009
Big and sturdy, well made and attractive. Only negative point would be that it doesn't come with any fuel to get you started.
on 19 January 2012
This is an excellent set!

It is easy to use, looks great, has a good burner with heat control and the pot is just the right size for 4-6 people.

The forks are colour coded so you don't mix them up.

I bought mine as a gift for my girlfriend, and I have never seen anyone smile so much...after all, everyone loves fondue!

Highly recommended.
on 11 April 2009
I searched high and low in the shops for a fondue set and found none! Fortunately Amazon came to the rescue with an amazing selection of them. The one I chose was an excellent choice - looks good, works well and can be used for many types of fondue. Fondues are an excellent and different way of socializing and this set is thoroughly recommended.
on 31 October 2014
The top has a significant gap when trying to position it on the actual bowl, allowing hot oil to bubble up and spill.
review image
on 27 March 2009
This was a super buy for the money. I was looking for something that was suitable for all 3 types of fondue and this was the only good quality one I could find for this price.
on 16 November 2010
I purchased three of these fondue sets after a long weekend in Geneva visiting friends. I sampled my first ever fondue meal whilst we were there, and resolved to buy our own fondue equipment, because I enjoyed the food as well as the fun side of the concept. I did a bit of research to find out the best type of equipment to use, and discovering that cast iron/enamel sets were by far the best since they retain the heat very well, I made comparisons price-wise by different makers. I decided to go for this set, because even though it was a fraction of the price of the Le Creuset model, it had all the same specs, and even had the colour I preferred which matches my Le Creuset tableware beautifully. I was a bit dubious as to whether in reality the quality would be as good as it sounded, but when I received them, they are absolutely brilliant quality. Very heavy, quality enamelling to the pots, and a nice solid base. The bonus was the set of fondue forks with colour-coded ends to identify each user's item - no mix-ups when taking your fork out. The reason I purchased 3 sets was so that I could have 2 for differing main courses, and 1 for a sweet course. I believe I purchased the last three in red on Amazon at the time, so I do hope they have got them back again because I would highly recommend this make to anyone wanting a Fondue set.
11 Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2009
Having had Fondue at Nana's house the kids kept asking for one at home. Having checked a few kitchen shops and department stores I tried online and found this set. My partner is always saying "you only get what you pay for" and thought that the price tag of £19.99 may have been a bit on the cheap side. That was until it arrived 24hours later. The oil pot is cast iron and is very easy to clean after use with its "non stick" type coating on the inside. The gel packs that are recommended burn very well and last for 2hrs+ which is great with this type of meal. The oil pot has a lid which is indented so that each user can rest there fork in front of them and it stops them from rolling around to the other side of the pot when others take there tasty morsels out.
You cannot go wrong with this set and for the amount of times you'll probably use it and as good as they are I wouldn't recommend spending the extra £60 on a Le Cruset set.