on 15 May 2017
just what i wanted its hard to get this shape in the shops
on 23 July 2017
good stops your fingers getting burnt
on 3 June 2017
Exactly what I wanted. Very prompt service.
on 4 February 2010
It seemed like a good idea at the time... a pair of "mini" tongs to lift hot tea bags out of cups or mugs and at the same time, enabling you to squeeze the water out of them. It's a win/win situation, you save that last drop of tea, which is good if you're being frugal and share a bag between cups, while also making it much easier to throw the used, drier bags away or better still, compost them.

All great in theory, but in this case ruined by the application. The perforated area at the end of one arm of these tongs is just about the right size, but at about 6cm in diameter, the solid disc at the end of the other is much larger, in fact it's too large. It's almost impossible to grasp a bag from out of a mug and totally impossible out of an average-sized teacup. If you do manage to grab a corner, then the tongs are so sharp that the bag is likely to burst anyway.

If you go to all the fuss of using a teaspoon to fish out the bag, then carefully place it in the tongs to be squeezed you'll find that they are fairly effective, but if you're up for all that, you've got a lot more patience than I have.
on 31 August 2016
The Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Round Tea Bag Squeezer has improved my life by 100%. For years I suffered in silence, not getting the full benefit out of my tea bags, nobody could see the pain I was in. I'd put the tea bag in the cup and the hot water would barely change colour, I'd then take a tea spoon and squish the tea bag against the inside of the cup. This helped a little but it could be so much better. I'd lay in bed at night crying about the lack of quality tea in my house. Then a friend put me onto this steel round tea bag squeezer and now my life is complete. Not only does it makes tea making a joyous pastime but my doctor likes it as well. Being born with one love spud bigger than the other I have to go for regular check ups. The doctor has to lift my manhood up to examine my spuds, this is not an examination I or the doctor like. Now when I am asked to undress I had the tea bag squeezer to the doctor who uses it to lift up little Julian. The doctor is very happy with this. Also at public urinals I use it to get a better aim with my little water pistol so much that others stare at me when I do so. I think they stare because they are jealous.
This is a very simple tool. Just a pair of steel Tongs with sqeezer/strainers at the end really.
It's not particularly expensive but, after all, it's just a pair of tongs to squeeze a tea bag with nothing but the straining discs that's special about it. The straining discs are rather too large anyway to fit in many cups/mugs and people with limited dexterity may well find it hard to squeeze properly.

In my opinion, there is a much better alternative on Amazon. It's plastic, but very sturdy.
I don't want to mention the name for fear of advertising, (and nobody is likely to give me any commision anyway!).
But I like to help and, if you check on Amazon for another 'tea tool' (that's a clue) you may find something at a good price that is well worth buying.

Anyway, whether you buy or not, I hope that you find my review helpful in some way when making your decision.
Thanks for reading it.
on 2 September 2011
I agree totally with S. M. Robinson's reveiw. Expresses everything I wish to say.
Pity. I was so looking forward to a handy way of getting all the flavour of a tea bag and getting rid of it without burning my fingers. Back to squeezing against a teaspoon until I can get a smaller T-Bag squeezer.
on 23 November 2011
This product is sturdy and arrived on time. The only issue was with the size of the lower half of the squeezer. It was too big to fit in the mugs that we use most often, which have a curve, tulip style, near their lip. I was buying it to replace a similarly styled squeezer and I never expected that size would be a problem with a product like this. Be aware, it is 62 mm wide so ensure your cups are suitable. A entry in the product description referring to the diameter would be useful. Otherwise you can buy it with confidence, it looks like it would last for years.
on 5 February 2013
This was delivered extremely quickly....It is an excellent product, and keeps the fingers dry !!!

Perfect for drying out the tea bag, before putting it in the compost !
on 18 December 2011
Good quality squeezer made of stainless steel. I bought these for my disabled husband in conjunction with a one cup tea maker so he could independently make a cup of tea for himself. Sadly the strength in his hands is limited and he did not have sufficient power in two hands to squeeze them properly due to the strength and quality of the steel so he reverted to a spoon and drips. For a normal strength person however they are great for making a good cup of tea and stop the drips from one cup making. For a very weak tea queeze quickly and for a very strong cup leave to stew and then squeeeze. Yuk!!! For those needing to economise you are also able re-use if you wish. I have found that washing by machine does not remove the tannin and they do become stained and need additional treatment to shine. Having said that they are ideal for anyone who makes tea in a cup whether they enjoy a good strong cuppa or nat's pee and are even better for those who like to economise and get the most out of a bag.