on 13 January 2008
Extremely heavy griddle. Fits over two full size rings on my gas cooker.

Needed an elaborate seasoning method before first use! You have to scouring pad it to get a surface key, then add oil and rub in, then heat it up to temperature before you cook anything on it. It isn't dishwasher proof and need seasoning after each use.

A really useful piece of kit, but needs a lot of tender loving care!
on 7 July 2014
Very poor build quality - significant bow to the product so that it rocks like a boat on the hob. Useless for any flat surface so will be relegated to the BBQ where i think I can get away with the bowing as I'm not sending something this heavy back! - be warned - avoid this product and buy an alternative.
on 29 November 2009
Brilliant product, simple yet brilliant. The both sides work very well and perfect size to cover two burners, ideal for when cooking a lot of food.
Much better for cooking than standard pans
on 17 March 2015
So disappointed to receive this item dirty. Unfortunately.
review image review image
on 1 July 2016
With the first use, this item was fantastic and I would have given it 5 stars. However, despite me following all instructions about washing and re-oiling, the food sticks to this terribly and it does not wash. In addition, I find the black coating flakes off onto the food. I have not had the item long and have used it, maybe 4 times.
Therefore, I would NOT recommend this at all.
on 7 August 2013
I bought this large cast iron griddle as my griddle was no longer big enough to cook for a family of four. I do like Kitchen Craft and have their saucepans and steamer, so when I saw this griddle and the good reviews I thought I would try it.

The griddle needs seasoning before use and is a little large to fit flat in the oven, so I had to put it resting at an angle, which wasn't a problem. I followed the instructions and left it to bake for an hour in a hot oven before removing and it is now non stick, although it must be heated for at least two minutes each time it is used for it to be non stick.

It covers two gas rings on my stove and cooks nicely, I start with the gas on high and then turn it down to half. I find that for best results food has to be moved arounas some areas of the griddle do get hotter than others, but its not a problem.

It is also really easy to clean with a wire scourer; always a plus! I tend to dry it on the stove with the gas rings on low to stop it rusting.

I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking to save on electric as it is like grilling and who likes to cook healthily as you don't need to add any oil.

A good buy, but what makes it better is the price!
on 19 December 2009
Bought for my husband as a gift. Great for steaks, and english breakfast (you just need egg guards as they get messy!) A little hard work to clean but if you scrape it as you dish up then run it under warm soapy water its fine. Well worth the effort.
on 28 March 2009
this grill pan is great, used to cook on open fires, over bbq's, and on gas hob, i have cooked bacon, sausage, mushroom, onions, egg, steak, homemade burgers, chicken and much more!! although you have to season first its not much effort, cover in oil and place in high temp oven or over a medium fire to begin the seasoning process, when it turns from grey to black you know you're done! then start cooking you're fantastic food, tastes excellent too. This is a great item, if you think otherwise then learn to cook! :)
review image review image review image review image
on 22 January 2011
a good value solid griddle the only problem is that you have to bake it in the oven for 2 hours before first use and it doesnt fit even if you take the shelves out and try diagonally. ended up putting it on the barbecue. Other than that I simply cant fault the product price or service from amazon
on 19 April 2014
I ordered the 47cm (L) x 27cm (W) griddle as advertised but when it arrived I found it measured 50cm (L) x 23cm (W), very disappointing! Apparently Kitchen Kraft do not make a 27cm (W) griddle which is what I ordered so this is false advertising.