Customer reviews

KitchenCraft Ceramic Baking Beans for Pastry, 500 g (1 lb)
Package Quantity: 1|Style: Original Packaging|Change

on 16 March 2014
Very reasonably priced item. There are enough to fill a good sized flan tin. Very good quality, but the container is quite flimsy, the beans get hot so take care not to put them back into the plastic container till they have cooled. Or do what I have and use a tin, which for me is a much better option for storing them, and longer lasting.
on 12 May 2014
Needed these for a while but always made do, so buying these I was not sure if it was worth it, I was so wrong the difference they have made by flattening my tarts to a perfect shape with no puff is worth every penny, which I giggle as I say as they really are such a bargain, they cover my 6 small tart tins at once, they arrived in perfect condition and bonus the tub is so thick it can be kept for there storage so no extra expense, highly recommend these and the company.
on 16 March 2015
Arrived very quickly and in one piece. What a Godsend, baking beans do work a treat, What I love most about them is -, after baking, they come out of the oven looking the same as they went in, no damage from heat and minimum of cleaning needed, however.........BE CAREFUL because very hot ! Wait a few mins before cleaning and putting them away !
on 3 November 2017
The tub is not enough to cover my 10 inch quiche tin. They don't seem heavy enough either, ny pastry still rising ☹️. Tesco does much larger tub for cheaper
on 18 September 2017
Does what it says on the tin! Word of advise, wash them first before use, as they are very dusty and dirty when they arrived
on 4 February 2015
Great for using in flans and tarts etc. Enough in the jar to use on one regular sized flan / tart at a time.
Only downfall is that after purchase, I saw these same baking beans in Home Bargains for half the price.
on 5 November 2016
Good value. Always wanted to try them as have managed without for over fifty years. Pastry still needs five minutes without the beans to dry it out.
on 2 April 2015
Haven't used these yet, but they look like they will do the job. Saw these 'by accident' on Amazon, and glad I purchased them because it will save me from having to use dried beans, which never work properly so my pastry cases are always bumpy and mis-shapen.
on 15 December 2015
These are really easy to use. There's plenty in the tub to fill a larger sized flan or pie dish. I have so far used them in 6 tarlet tins and it filled them up with lots to spare. Very pleased with the purchase!
on 29 July 2017
Didn't crack when I dropped a few on the floor and are great for blind baking.

See one answered question