KitchenCraft Home Made Butter Muslin - White
Package Quantity: 1|Colour: White|Change

on 3 September 2015
arrived today very quick service unfortunately its not as described its not a large sheet which i could have cut to sizes i wanted although on the
package described it says 90cm square in the packet was 4 small pouches measuring approx. 8cm x 7cm if i hadn't needed the muslin now i
would have returned item very disappointed indeed.
12 people found this helpful
on 30 June 2017
I use this muslin cloth it to strain my home made yoghurt to turn it into greek yoghurt. It is perfect for this purpose. So far, I've washed it only a few times in the washing machine but it has stayed in great condition. Would recommend.
4 people found this helpful
HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon 5 January 2018
I bought this muslin as well as a different brand at the same time. This one is slightly thinner and possibly not reusable however, it still works well and worked for straining curd or in the process of making paneer. I have kept some of these as it is also a suitable muslin for bouquet garni by just placing your herbs into a small piece of the muslin and attaching string to the top. I just threw the muslin away afterwards. It can be cut to size and works as expected.
One person found this helpful
on 1 January 2015
A large sheet of excellent quality muslin that does an excellent job helping me pull off the perfect turkey every year for Christmas.

One of these sheets, soaked in melted butter and laid over the top of the bird in a double layer (it folds in half to fit almost perfectly) ensures the perfect golden, crisp-skinned bird every time. The muslin blackens over the course of your turkey roast, but when you pull it away at the end of the roast, it reveals a better roasted turkey than you can ever believe.

This one fits the bill exactly for my butter muslin turkey needs, and tends to go onto my christmas order from Amazon every year
on 20 June 2017
I used this to drain excess liquids from yogurt and cheeses and this has worked really well, what I'm most impressed with is that I have it a quick hand wash with some fairy rinsed it well and hung it up to dry and it's as good as new and have been able to re use it 2/3 times so far so good value for money. I had bought a similar product a few months ago but it was not re useable.
on 8 February 2018
Bought these as I wanted to make my own Ricotta Cheese.

Used goat milk (as this creates a lactose free product) and used the muslin cloth to separate the milk by product from the cheese in the last recipe step. It worked great, was easy to clean afterwards.

Good quality muslin. Have only used it once so far, so not sure how it holds up, but after one use, and clean, I cannot see a difference to the quality of it when newly purchased. Good size as well, so if cut in pieces, you get a lot out of it.
on 21 March 2016
I make a lot of different varieties of cheese and thick yoghurt so I always need clean muslin to use and I have found this brand very cost effective. It is large enough to section it up to use either doubled or single which ever you need at the time. Very easy to wash and dry. And keeps the curd nicely separated from the whey. All in all a very good buy. Recommended.
on 8 June 2016
I used this product to make my own body butter. The "recipe" I created used coffee grounds to infuse the body butter with some caffeine and a lovely smell but then I need to strain it out. I simply cut a piece off for the size I needed and then filtered the grounds and oils and it worked beautifully. The grounds (even fine ones) stayed on the cloth while my body butter melted through to the bowl. This worked perfectly for what I needed and since I only cut a small square to use, this will last me many batches before I need to buy more.
One person found this helpful
on 22 March 2017
Unfortunately we've had to throw ours away. The listing says machine washable, but even on the delicate cycle this item seemed to fall apart. Strings were loose after the very first wash and it only got worse from there.
on 27 March 2018
I ordered two similar products, this one, and another one from Ocado. I requested a refund on this one, as this one looked very poor quality (in the packaging) compared to the one purchased on Ocado. As Amazon didn't require me to return the refunded product, I decided to at least try out using it. As instructed, I've just 'thoroughly washed' the item before using it, by putting it in the washing machine in a delicates bag. The item is now properly fraying at the edges and falling apart. I don't think it's fit for use, as I don't want bits of cotton in my food.