on 4 October 2008
I've never been able to make a decent poached egg. I'm a great cook but poached eggs were always a puzzle. I've tried all the methods and I just can't do it! So..... I thought I'd get a poaching pan. Read the reviews on here (for the 4 egg version) and didn't hold out too much I'd be successful but I'll try anything. The reason this product doesn't get a 5-star rating for me is because it didn't come with any 'how to cook your egg' instructions. Just a pan care leaflet.

So having read all the reviews on here about sticking eggs, I decided to use common sense and add just a very tiny amount of Rice Bran Oil to each pod before adding the egg. Once the eggs were cooked, I very gently loosend the edges of each egg - a good move because they then slipped out easily.

At last, perfect poached eggs. I'm really pleased!!
11 Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 August 2010
Great buy, this replaced a much loved 50 year old aluminium poacher, redundant because of an induction hob!! The new one is superb, works well on the hob, and the non-stick cups do just what they say. Also now with 6 rather than 4 we can all sit down and eat together :-))
on 7 November 2009
I have owned several poaching pans over the years and they have all stuck like glue to the eggs I lovingly put in them.

Things couldn't be more different here! I have now used this pan 10+ times and eggs simply will NOT stick to this.

Get your water boiling, add a tiny amount of butter to the cup(s), crack in your egg, set your timer to 4 mins. Enjoy perfect poached eggs!
on 23 April 2009
This is an excellent addition to the kitchen when you have two or more people wanting poached eggs - always found with my husband and dauughter I had to cook my eggs after theirs with the 4 egg poacher - this way we all eat together!
on 26 December 2012
I turn a blind eye to the fact I nearly always burn my fingers when lifting the poached egg from the pan to the plate because I am a man, and we men do not care about burning our fingers. I loved that it can poach 6 eggs at once, 6 eggs being the average amount I cook at once and the reason why I bought this in the first place. The little handle on two cups have detached with normal use and on one of them I have lost the screw. I replaced the screw in the other one. The one with a lost screw has a makeshift screw in its place which prevents the cup laying flush in the pan. It's very disappointing and I have used it once since it looked like this. That was a year ago. I actually forgot I have this pan until I just saw it in my purchase history.

It was used once a week when I bought it and this was for about 2 months. Very disappointed with the handles falling off, especially the one with the lost screw.

Cooking-wise it is fast and the non-stick cups need to be greased with butter like all poaching cups do. It is a great design, it looks good, just make sure the tiny screws attached to the handles are tight. I will glue mine if I ever find a replacement screw for the lost one and then I will probably use it again.
on 16 March 2009
this is the first egg poacher that i have had that does not stick. absolutletly delighted with my purchase.
on 10 May 2016
The very best pan I have purchased in many a year!! After recently watching the plastic cups on my old poacher melt 'cos it boiled dry, I decided that a 6 hole would suit me better anyway, having to poach eggs in 2 batches was a pain.
Ordered this and it duly arrived the following day. I was so impressed with the quality!! The best of all is that as a saute pan it is brilliant, now the most used pan in my collection. Bargain.
The whole thing is metal, even the egg holders, and non stick too!! (Eggs being eggs I still spray the holders with a squirt of Frylight).
Highly recommended.

It's now July 2016 and the egg cups have started to lose their coating, starting as a small bubble on 3 of them. I suspect all 6 will suffer the same fate, not sure what to do, other than buy new ones, but that could be a costly exercise every few months.
on 9 July 2012
Overall it cooks the eggs well and the size/capacity is great but the plastic handles are rendered useless through poor/cheap design. The little handles on the egg holders require regular tightening and the centre handle/knob on the metal insert that holds all of the egg holders doesn't have a thread substantial enough to hold the weight of the metal insert. You therefore can't even tighten it, it just slides off when you try lifting it. The plastic handles are attached with machine screws. It would be far safer, hygienic and practical to have the handles pressed out of the same piece of metal rather than using machine screws to attach bits of useless plastic, especially when you consider the plastic gets too hot to handle without a heat pad or towel.

The chrome handle on the lid is also quite difficult to grip as it's polished. you need to use a towel or a heat pad to take it off due to the heat it conducts which makes it even harder to grip.

I've had no issues with the eggs sticking as I've used the tiniest bit of olive spread to lubricate the egg holders (literally about a match-head size).
on 5 October 2009
COOL COOL COOL
NOW I CAN DO 6 AT A TIME
BY THE TIME THEY'VE FINISHED THE 1ST I'M ON THE NEXT BATCH
GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY, DOESN'T STICK ,EASY CLEAN.
A REAL BOON FOR A BIG FAMILY OR FOR THOSE WHO JUST LOVE POACHED EGGS
on 9 December 2010
Having poached eggs for years, my old cheap poaching pan (which was rubbish but all I had) finally gave up the ghost in October and I searched high and low for replacement.

The Clearview poacher seemed ideal and could cope with mass egg production.....who only has one egg each when you're a family of four? Having six poachers is perfect and still fits nicely over the gas ring.

We've used it regularly over the past two months and it has worked perfectly every time. Another reviewer's suggestion of using oil not butter works brilliantly and EVERYTHING goes straight into the dishwasher once used, coming out spotless every time!

The heavy glass lid works well with its small ventilation hole and the eggs are easy to remove once cooked. The non-stick poaching cups do what they say and the pan is easy to hold and not too heavy. It took a couple of uses to work out exactly how long to cook the eggs for but we find 4 minutes cooks the white and leaves the yolk slightly runny. Just how we like them!

One great way of getting an egg into each of my kids! Thanks Amazon :-)