on 8 August 2014
Bought in January, disintegrated in July. As noted by other reviewers, the plastic starts to crack and eventually the handle breaks off. This is the second pair that this has happened to. So I've now bought a replacement pair that are about 10 quid and a different brand... won't be buying these again. That said... they do a good job at cutting. Perhaps it was b/c I ran them through the dishwasher - maybe the heat causes the plastic to fail. If you do buy these, just keep them to hand washing.
on 8 September 2015
These scissors are great for all sorts of things but if you find it hard to open soft drinks bottles these scissors can help you grip the cap tightly and one good turn should break the seal so any screw tops which are stubborn are easier to open with these scissors I`ve found these very useful they also cut many things.

I use these scissors all the time and they never failed me and would suggest these to anyone who needs scissors and are good replacements for a knife set that came with this type of scissors.

A great buy for people who find getting a good grip on twist of caps hard these make my life so much easier.
on 28 November 2014
Very sharp, but weak and wobbly construction. The "blades" are insubstantial plastic with metal inserts and both twist, so cutting an accurate line is impossible and even string can be tough going fraying through it rather than cutting cleanly. Not a good buy.

Some weeks later: They get worse! I was using these to cut greaseproof paper when one of the handle "eyes" split, trapping the skin of my finger between the sharp plastic edges. A lot of pain and certain amount of blood later I got the vicious trap loose at which point one of the blade-inserts came adrift completely, almost slicing another finger in the process.

I can see no reason to produce (or buy) such a shoddy and potentially dangerous tool, even as a "disposable" item for one-off use. Binned without regret!
on 28 November 2014
is this some kind of a joke i recieved these with a bit of platic hanging of ! and their not stainless rusting straight away you get what you pay for dont buy this or maybe im just unlucky to recieve such faulty pair but i think im gunna invest a few pounds higher to be safe as these fall to bits within a week you can get two pairs on here which lasted me a month for a pound !
on 2 January 2018
Reported price - extraordinary balanced quality. Quality is MAXIMUM, for such a small price !!!!
Thank you very much, for this!
With respect and consideration
Tibi
on 5 March 2017
The scissors I received were so poorly manufactured that the tips of the blade actually crossed over. Within 3 months the stainless steel blades had started to corrode. These are not worth buying
on 9 June 2014
I wish I hadn't ditched my old pair of kitchen scissors. The first task I needed these new ones for was to cut the edge bones on a dover sole. They didn't even make an impression. I hoped I could get away with a cheap purchase,[denying my usual mantra of always buying the best],but I have had to learn the lesson again. Silly me, but at least I can enjoy the task of finding a good quality replacement.
on 26 January 2018
These scissors were cheap, but they don’t feel it. It’s early days but they do what they were designed to do and that cut things.
on 6 July 2017
Nice, work well, would have done with a notch near the hinge (like a good pair of garden sheers) to trap and cut chicken bones. other wise, as advertised
on 8 December 2016
I bought a pair of scissors that had all the other uses on them. Not worth a J. Arthur. Couldn't even cut a plastic bag of kippers. These do, and they're very good and useful.