on 6 June 2017
Having used bamboo steamers for years this was a big disappointment. I still have my old one and is is far more substantial this is quite flimsy, also as others have mentioned the gaps in the slats particularly at the sides are very large and veg falls through. However the main problem is it is fractionally under 8 inches (20cm) and it does not quite fit properly on top of pans.
2 people found this helpful
on 3 February 2014
oh dear.. I am surprised how badly this was made. the top lid was bent inwards rather than outwards, it then came loose and I managed to fit it properly..but it won't last long. As others have noted, the gap at sides on the slats is too big and veg fall through it!! kinda deteats the object of steaming? ! bamboo steamers are great but I can't recommend this one..sorry.
11 people found this helpful
on 10 September 2016
This steamer is easy to use. The smell is quite strong and after boiling in water twice (a bit of a hassle I think), it was still too strong for my liking but I used it anyway. It did go away after 2-3 uses. With careful, almost daily use, it came apart bit by bit and then completely after about 2 months, so not very durable. If you want something cheap(er) to try out steaming- a very healthy cooking method- then this would be a good choice. It fits reasonably small sized bowls in its two compartments, so you don't have to use cabbage leaves to line it. I almost bought more so I could steam with more layers but it had come apart by then.
on 7 August 2016
Cheap it was and cheap it is. It has started to fall apart in only 2-3 months. The material is thin and poorly put together. As the old saying goes, 'Buy cheap, buy twice'. I'll now look for a more substantial one that will give me years of use, as my previous bamboo steamer did.
on 12 August 2016
Better put together than your average bamboo steamer, so should last longer before all the bits unravel! I much prefer these to metal steamers and when they go defunct you get another. This is a very nice one, looks well put together and delivers wonderful tasty food in spades!
on 10 April 2012
Having purchased a series of stainless steel and microwave steamers, I thought that I would try the more traditional bamboo steamer. I certainly appreciate the simplistic design and ease of use. These are practice, easy to use and can be used for a variety of dishes
8 people found this helpful
on 10 November 2017
Wife is very happy with this, but did mention she felt the material used in the construction was a bit "thin"
on 6 January 2018
Didnt last long, the inside ridge cane away so couldn't stack after only a few uses, followed by the lid falling apart. Very disappointing.
on 2 May 2018
Exactly what was ordered- used regularly.
on 5 April 2018
Great item can not wait to use it.