Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Style Name: POTATO CHIPPER|Change

on 2 December 2013
Sturdy, well made. Stick it on the worktop, press the lever down so the suction caps adhere to the base and avoids slippage and you're good to go. I used Desiree potatoes (unpeeled). Make sure the potato fits in the space between the plunger and the blade without being too tall or some of the potato will get stuck at the top (cut the potato if necessary). Then slide the plunger forward. The bigger the potato the more effort you need. I work out and it needed some elbow grease for the biggest potatoes but that was me being too lazy to chop a big potato up into smaller chunks. If you don't want to fight the thing, use smaller potato pieces. Also stops the chips flying out the other end due to the momentum of the plunger. But chips are perfectly cut, uniform and I don't understand the other reviews complaining the potato gets stuck. It has only rarely happened to me and all you do is chip another potato and it forces the last remnants out. Easy to clean.
on 31 December 2010
This chipper is great! I wasn't sure it would do the job, however it's stronger than i thought and ideal for everyday use. I use mine for potatoes for my Actifry and it's great! I also use it for carrots and other veg and it really works, also makes the food look better than cutting it yourself for party's or just everyday for fussy kids and grown ups.
on 17 August 2008
I have had this chipper ages and used it so much I passed it on my daughter and treated myself the more expensive Masterclass version, which is also great. Home cooked chips are brilliant!
on 27 February 2011
If you like homemade chips of a uniform size then this is for you. The delivery was great and I was up and running making chips that taste just great, so much better than the frozen ones. A truly great buy.
on 20 August 2008
There is not much to say about this chipper, apart from the fact that it does the job clean and quick. The lever on it could have been a bit longer to make it even easier to push down.
on 16 August 2011
I recently bought a Tefal Actifry which I love. It is hard work cutting the chips all the same size to cook evenly. This potato chipper cuts them quickly and easily. You do not need much force. It is easy to take apart and clean and put back together. It makes two different size chips. Worth buying if you own an actifry
on 8 July 2010
Easy to use. Simply constructed and looks robust. Has a levered sucker underneath to prevent movement while in use.
Just make sure the potato is not too tall to go throught the grid as once partially through and caught in the grid it is a bit hard to remove it. The two grids supplied are 9mm and 13 mm sizes.
I would add to the design a rectangular shaped dish to fit in front of the chipper to enable the chips to fall into it once through the grid. The chipper might then have to be a little bit taller. My personal preference is for an additional 7 or 8 mm grid for thinner chips.
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 October 2013
I purchased this to cut sweet potatoes which are harder than normal potatoes to make roast sweet potatoes. They got stuck in the machine and would not come out no matter what I tried. I returned the item with the potato stuck in it.
on 26 February 2011
I brought this as I started Slimming World and wanted to make my own chips. This was great as you could either have chunky chips or french fries. The handle glided throught the potato with ease and the chipper didn't move form the worktop with the suction available. Good value and worked as stated.
on 19 March 2012
Do its job, easy to clean plus it has a suction pad when needed, is very easy to use, the only that it don't do is peel the spuds for you! Only jolking