on 4 June 2017
In near perfect condition, works well.
on 10 November 2017
DIDNT WORK
on 17 December 2016
I looked everywhere for an original controller for the Sony PS2 and found it at last, exactly as expected, everything operates, good build quality typical of Sony. I once bought a cheap Chinese copy controller and one of the analog sticks wasn't responding... Since PS2 is a Sony product, to me it made sense to get the same make of controller, I just rationalized that this one was the original one I had so just stick to what I know will work. I was surprised that it's still for sale after all these years.

PS2 is pretty ancient but I can never afford the newer systems however PS2 had some wicked cool games that I don't think got "old" I wanted to bring back good times as me and my brother at the time played the controllers so much that they wore out. I think it is a little over priced considering how out of date the system is. it's kind of ironic that it's a "new" product of a time gone by, nevertheless I demanded it and someone supplied, Within reason i'm going to pay what I have to in order to get the things I really want, that's life, it's all good.

If you want dependable quality then it's a no brainer to buy Sony related products for the system, I've never ever experienced problems with Sony and I expect I never will, always good stuff well made and fully operational.

Look no further, this is it, this is the one you need for your PS2.
on 20 July 2011
Bought this product as the R2 Button on my other controller caved in while i was playing a game, anyway, was waiting for almost a week for it to arrive it arrived in the post, not even in a proper packet just in a buble wrapped envelope, though it looked fine I tried it on it didnt work... the anolog light was the only thing that lights up, anyway, I looked on the back of the controller it said "U.S. Patent number" causing me to believe i had been sold an American controller that was not compatable with my English PS2, I wouldnt trust buying things like this online, go to a shop.
on 1 February 2016
I have the silver PS2 with the two silver controllers, and after years of use, they stopped working. This controller is an official PS2 product and it worked first time this morning when I tested it out with a quick race through Metro City.

Other commenters have cast doubt on the legitimacy of the controllers by pointing out things like the lack of packaging and only having a US patent number. I checked the controller carefully on arrival - it was in a plastic bag and wrapped in bubble-wrap, but the cord had the cable tie and plastic wrap that I remembered when unwrapping my original controllers from the box, and the US patent number is all there was on the original controllers - the old and the new both have an identical information panel on the underside of the controller, with a note that you need to refer to the packaging for information on patents in other countries.

Looking forward to starting SSX3 over again this evening. Such a shame that they didn't do a PS3 version of these earlier SSX games like they did for Ratchet and Clank. The PS3 SSX game is dreadful in comparison.
on 6 June 2013
Bought two of the same product at the same price. The first fitted the description given to it, obviously second hand, but in good condition and working perfectly well. The other would not function properly until on closer inspection I discovered the case was loose and that it would only work if firmly taped back together again (previous tape marks clearly visible). Would have been happy with this if I had been warned and charged fair price for it.
on 7 November 2013
Bought the item and was faulty. Didn't work on my play station 2. Not worth returning as only will get £3 back as I will have to pay for the return postage and won't get £2 back for the postage I payed to get!
on 19 February 2011
the product arrived very fast, faster than i thought i would! the product was in super condition and im very happy with it!
on 10 December 2010
This controller was listed as being a PS2 controller, so I am not blaming the seller at all, but being able to buy PS2 - USB adaptors gave the impression that they would enable the controller to be used with a pc.
However this was not the case, and even though there was obviously power reaching the controller, it had no effect at all on either of the games we tried.
Electropro were very quick to organise a refund though, so all credit to them.
on 24 October 2006
This particular contorl looks best with the silver PS2. It just doesn't seem to look as good with the black or aqua ones. If you're thinking of buying a new control pad for your PS2, I would definatly recommend the official dualshock 2 pad because it's just so much more reliable than the cheaper unofficial ones that you can pick up.