Customer reviews

on 10 June 2015
As expected. As other review mentioned, these buttons are a lot more stuff than the regular TI-BA II version. But, I actually like the "click" feeling that you get when you press the button all the way down - and, I feel like it really reassures me that the number was entered in (and I don't have to glance at the screen to check it).

I bought it for the CFA exam. I already have the regular version, but it's nice to have two for the exam, just in case you run out of luck and your battery dies. This also has a few useful functions that the regular version doesn't have.
on 10 April 2016
Works perfectly. However, the item I received has the display mounted askew and the plastic convex! Totally unimaginable. To sum up:
1) it was a great instrument ten or so years ago, but now the functionality and display options look elemantary/obsolete.
2) quality of manufacturing is questionable, at least regarding my item. Unrepairable.
3) clearly overpriced, taking into account primitive functions and quality.
The reason to buy is for exams. From my point of view, exam providers could easily present it as a gift, taking into account the price they charge.
review image
on 11 February 2015
Latest model at a reasonable price. Not sure why others complained about the buttons being too stiff, passed my CFA exam without any physical (the jury is still out on the mental one) injury.
It also has the net future value and discounted payback period function which the less BA Plus calculator doesn't. It might save you an extra 10-30 seconds at the exam and let's face it, you need every little edge you can get.

P.S. Those who prefer HP calc for their CFA actually enjoy pain? /discuss
on 20 May 2016
I got this for the CFA exam and it is a great calculator. However, I also have an older version which is better in my opinion because the buttons are smooth to push. When you are taking a timed exam you really want the buttons to allow speed. Also the cover that can with the calculator didn't actually fit it which I found strange and cheap. It was a disappointment.
on 18 August 2017
I'm very happy with the 'soft' aspects of the calculator. The buttons are a bit stiff, though, and it doesn't sit flat or stable on a flat surface. - The four small 'cushion' pads on the rear of the calculator are not of equal length in terms of how far they stick out.
on 8 August 2017
I bought it as it is a requirement for CFA exam. Item came on time and there was no fault with it. I would definitely recommend the Plus Professional version for the exam.
on 5 October 2016
exactly after 1 year (warranty) and 10 days the calculator is down, when I really made sure to care for it, the item was clearly a bad unit of the factory to crash after one year, the seller All-4-Less, is an absolute CROOK, when I inofrmed him about my issue, he could not care less, not even giving me a discount for a new one, I am FURIOUS....
on 9 October 2011
Excellent for the financial functions BUT
Buttons are not very responsive which means sometimes you think you have pressed a number but it hasn't registered I guess that after some use this problem will solve itself.

The biggest problem is that the screen does not show you parenthesis etc. Thus when you input a long stream of data you have to remember what you entered instead of seeing it on screen which is a major flaw and can become a nerve breaker during an exam.
on 2 March 2011
Fairly easy to learn how to use (way easier than the HP alternative for the CFA examination). Durable, tough and convenient size.

Defenitely my choice if you're a candidate for CFA.

PS: I bought 2 as allowed during the exam, you don't want to risk your calculator to have a bad day right on your exam day!
on 20 May 2014
Build quality: Below average, materials are pretty acceptable, joints are a disaster
Display: Single row display that won`t display anything but the numbers you`re calculating, 2nd mode and some useless stuff
Usefullness: This is where it gets bad.
- This thing can make many usefull calculations but you`d never use it in real life as there are financial calculator apps for all smart phones and you`d use those instead of a chunky old school calculator you need to carry.
- Buttons may sometimes not record every press, noticed it specifically when I need to input quickly
- Won`t show in what mode you are and this leads to disaster results if cashflows have been used. If you don`t reset it, it will produce inaccurate results and this may cost you the exam so make sure you reset it often
- After a reset it would also clear its decimal setting, requiring another format to 9 decimal which is needed in higher maturity bonds/cashflows. This looses time on the exam.
- Very expensive for what it offers - an app costs $4-5 at max, does a better job and is always with you on your s-phone
Price/performance: Very low