Customer reviews

Andre Rieu - Live in Dublin [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 9 September 2017
this is a duplicate of another I purchased live in Dublin just a different picture on the front, complete rip off
on 24 September 2017
more good music
on 19 July 2017
good DVD
on 17 January 2015
NICE GIFT.
on 22 July 2009
It's a 'Must Have'. Everyone who has viewed my DVD of this concert wants to have a copy of their own. Outstanding and memorable. Don't forget to look at the 'Extras', there is a fantastic Pub 'fiddling' duo with Andre and a real 'Dubliner' and a sequence filmed in Holland.
There is lots of great music, singing and a lot of humour. The audience is obviously enjoying the evening, singing along to The Red Rose Cafe (I must look up the words)and dancing in the aisles. The Guest artist is the wonderful Irish violinist John Sheahan of the Dubliners, who plays his beautiful "Marino Waltz", and John and Andre and the audience have a grand time with "The Irish Washerwoman". Following the poignant "The Last Rose" we see Andre leaping across the stage and leading the audience in the chorus of the "Chianti Song".
Song list:

"Dark Eyes", the Russian traditional favorite
"Thunder and Lightening", by J. Strauss
"The Merry Widow", from Lehar's operetta.
"Song of the Volga", also composed by Lehar
"Hor Ich Zimbalklange", a terrific Lehar gypsy song.
"España Cañi", the rousing and familiar pasodoble
"O Mio Bambino Caro", the exquisite Puccini aria (with Carmen Monarcha)
"The Blue Danube", J. Strauss' most famous waltz
"Song of Olympia", from Offenbach's "The Tales of Hoffman" (with Carla Maffioletti)
"My Heart Will Go On", from James Horner's "Titanic" score
"All Men Shall Be Brothers", taken from Beethoven's 9th Symphony
"Radetzski March" by J.Strauss
"Opera Potpourri" which includes pieces from Verdi's "La Traviata" and Bizet's "Carmen".
"The Red Rose Café"
"Marino Waltz", a well known piece by guest violinist John Sheahan
"Irish Washerwoman", a fabulous duet with John and Andre
"The Last Rose"
"The Chianti Song"
"Lullaby", by Brahms, makes a sweet finale.
22 Comments| 211 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2010
My mother is in a nursing home, I have purchased many Andre Rieu DVD on Amazon for her to enjoy. All mothers friend's get really stimulated on viewing the DVD's, all take turns in conducting his orchestra. The service I received on the purchase of Andre Rieu - Live in Dublin was up to the high standard any customer would hope to receive.
on 4 July 2011
Andre Rieu is both an excellent orchestra leader and showman. He is primarily classical but he also plays the odd popular piece. He has also recorded Glenn Miller music also the Andrews Sisters songs. His live in Dublin concert is very good and shows a good showman side of him, its a DVD for people who are not realy into classical music, but certainly worth the buy. Also his Moonlight Serenade is top listenig and viewing. My only wish is that he had recorded Moonlight Seranade and Sentimental Journey, perhaps he will do one day and if done back to back on a DVD and C/D it will be added to my libary.
Yours
Anthony Ricketts
on 3 March 2010
Andre Rieu is the Best Musician and his Orchestra I have ever seen and heard. I must admit I hadnt heard of him till he did a Gala Performance on TV over Xmas and bought the one advertised on TV, since then I cant buy enough of them. he has made quite a lot of Cds, Dvds etc. Every one is filled with fantastic Music, and the Orchestra really enjoy themselves too. There is well over an hour of music on each dvd and just when you think its over he goes on some more and more. he has a Unique style and makes music so much more interesting. I now have over 6 of his dvds and want to purchase as many as I can over a period, They are Fantastic Value for Money. You wont be Disappointed at all

from A Very Satisfied Customer PB of Birmingham
on 9 September 2014
As I have most of A. Rieu's DVD's in my possession I was rather disappionted with this one. No sparkle, a rather dull performance, compared to the ones I have watched before. ( 'Under the Stars' for instance was brilliant). Knowing Ireland as a Music Nation I did expect much more Entertainment and that's why I bought it. Therefore, 'Live in Dublin' will be stored at the bottom of my Andre Rieux collection.
on 15 July 2010
A cheerful musical experience. I felt like clapping in my own lounge as one wonderful piece of music followed another. If you want the feeling of being at a live concert (without actually being there) then this should be for you. Andre is a genial magican in a land where music is so much part of the culture.