on 17 June 2007
I would like to point out that this is not me being biased towards this game and also that I have played most of the games that are similar including the other gta's in the series.

This game is without doubt the best game I have ever and I think will ever play in my life. Every fibre of its construction from the cars and bikes to the funky and brilliant weapons. This game is set in 80's America where you are Tommy vercetti seeking revenge in the big city (as well as little cash and destruction on the side!). This game has so many missions and sides that it is bound to keep you entertained. I found that this was the only game that I can still play over and ever. My bordem threshold for this game is extensive and I think that I will continue to play this game when I am in my ageing years! Please don't think that you might as well buy San Andreas rather than this because you will be missing out on playing this truly magnificent game. The reason I think that separates this game fro its contenders is its fantastic radio stations that have so much to offer in terms of comedy and great 80's music. This game was a landmark for the ps2 and it will remain to be so. I could not recommend this game enough to anyone who feels compelled to get in a car and have the police in hot pursuit or simply walk around the city with a minigun and cause havoc. There is no other game that I have played that has ever reached this standard in terms of game play and pure ongoing enjoyment.
5 people found this helpful
on 14 February 2007
VC is still the definitive GTA game. A piece of art that is far smoother, deeper and sweeter than GTA:3, it has something that San Andreas does not: a look, theme and sound that sucks you in. Scarface and Miami Vice have always been more fun than Get Rich and VC reflects that. San Andreas, apart from a larger play area, did nothing to push the franchise on, and was a retro step in terms of involving storylines. VC remains the definitive GTA game and frankly the defining game of the PS2.

If you're going to purchase 1 GTA game, don't buy GTA:3, San Andreas or Liberty City Stories, buy Vice City.

Pass me my pastel suit, roll up your sleeves and say hello to my little friends.
5 people found this helpful
on 23 December 2004
Whoever imagined that the objective of a game was to be the bad guy? I'm speechless when it comes to this game, and having just completed the newest chapter in the GTA series 'San Andreas', I have to say, Vice City is still the dominant force.
What a great game this is - a Miami Vice setting, a cool soundtrack, a violent yet funny lead character and a brilliant cast of voices ranging from Goodfellas legend Ray Liotta as main man Tommy Vercetti to Tom Sizemore as good ole' Sonny Forelli. Never in my life have I been addicted to a game until Vice City, which really is the complete package - from bikes and proper aeroplanes to speedboats to sex to the greatest game ever made! Seriously, such great fun and an endless amount to do, you can never tire of this game.
Legendary.
on 29 August 2012
I used to play Grand Theft Auto: Vice City all the time when I was younger (despite me being younger than the game's 18 rating), and I never actually completed the game.
Many years later, I re-bought the game. After around 2 weeks of gameplay I actually completed the game.
Althought it is a great gaming experience which allows you to roam around or complete missions, it is somehow very short.
on 6 May 2004
In my opinion, this is not the best game ever. Not because it isn't good, but it is not my genre. But the game is a masterpiece, even if you don't like games like GTA Vice City, it is a must buy for 3 resons.
* So much detail, the makers should be very very proud of themselves.
* unlimited life span, secret mission and fun to last for years
* IT JUST ROCKS
This game will have you addicted for month, it did for me and I am not a big fan of these types of games.
If you want to experience your PS2 to the full, get this game.
on 22 April 2004
THE BEST GAME EVER...
I can't even begin to explain how amazing it really is. I like realism and enjoy simulations and when i bought GTA Vice City, i thought, this is only going to have shooting all the time, well, it doesn't. Theres a perfect balance. I like to drive realistic, try to live a realistic life in every way, and it's great. They could have called it real life simulator. So then i thought, well, lets try the killing side of it which i've heard so much about and, IT WAS AMAZING. 72 weapons of shear fun, thats all i can say. You can go from living a completely realistic life, and i mean doing everything legal the way you sail a boat or fly a chopper, to abaying the speed limit and that, straight to a killing machine. You can turn a nice calm day into a day of choase. I've had gangs coming after me whilst i've been shooting cops and taking there Apache helicopters, it's just perfect for everyone. When you take off in a chopper, the scenery is just absouloutly breath taking. The city is absouloutly MASSIVE, and when i say MASSIVE, i'm not talking normal standards, i mean absouloutly MASSIVE. Theres around about fifty buildings to go into, over 100 different types of cars, boats, motorbikes, choppers and just about anything else you can think of,and the best part is that there all ready for you to drive.
THE GAME IS WITHOUT A DOUBHT THE BEST GAME EVER, AND I MEAN EVER, NO EXSEPTIONS, IT IS IN MY VIEWS, BETTER THAN THE TOP ONE HUNDRED PUT TO GEVER, IT'S AMAZING!!!!!
on 6 May 2004
Absolute brilliance is this game. By far and away the best game available on the PS2....and thats after nearly 2 years of being on sale.
What's great is that it isn't just a 'going to the next level' game, far from it. You can just prat around outside of the 'missions'. Go on a killing spree, wreck as many cars as possible, kill gangs....anything!
One teeny bit of advice though, try not to drive after playing this game. Whether its just me I'm not sure, but if you start driving after playing, there's a voice in your head wanting you to pull out at junctions and to hell with the consequence. If there's some bloke on the path, you just want to mow him down!!!! Quite strange!
One person found this helpful
on 15 September 2006
Truly a classic. Top 3 of all time without a doubt. I cant play it for more than an hour now, which is kind of sad, because when this game was released, I spent most of the year playing it.

The music, the setting, everything. Classic game.. To those who didnt play this game when it was released; Ya had to be there.
on 31 October 2014
Son loved it
on 13 August 2008
this game is a revolution , it has everything the predesesors have and more everything about this game is amusing as i have san andreas and would play this way over that. if you are going to buy a GTA this is the one to purchase (with the exception of GTA 4)i hope this has help.. Tom
One person found this helpful