on 30 October 2003
I was 6yrs old when this movie came out and it was one of those funny,scary,fantastic kids and family classic movies that the 1980s was so good at producing. The terrifying idea of there being a whole world of monsters living under the bed- coupled with the comedy adventures of the monster 'Maurice' and a little boy, definately make it viewable by children nowadays and even more so by adults. It remains a rare classic definately up there with its contemporiries of the time.
on 13 July 2013
Fellow UK buyers, please note that this DVD is Region 1, ie. USA only, and will not play on Region 2 European DVD players.

To be fair, the seller offered to refund the cost of the DVD and all postage both ways, so I have no problem with them.

The DVD was very cheap for all 52 episodes, and Little Monsters is a great series, so I decided to keep it and convert it to MP4 on my computer. I can now copy it to memory stick for playing on my TV, and it can also be played on my iMac and iPad.

The video quality is fairly low-resolution, probably due to all 52 episodes being squeezed onto one DVD, but my children don't seem to notice, and really enjoy it.
on 20 May 2004
This is one of my all time favourite movies, i must have watched it about 50 times when i was about 10!
i just loved the way that maurice presented himself at the beginning as some dark overord only to just say BOO! and to run off laughing. his underworld looked so cool the perfect playground for an immature 300yr old! The hump backed dude kinda freaked me out but was kinda funny. i think an all round funny tragic and well moral story, a good view for budding freaks or drop-outs!
on 21 November 2007
I loved this film when i first saw it i was about 8 or 9 and my little brothers was 5 or 6 and it scared the heeby jeebies out of him it made me and my sister laugh so much. and there are some great one liners in this film. But unfortunatly i can't re-live those fond childhood memories because it is not in region 2 so annoying as it was a fantastic film. Why can't they make films like in the 80's today?.
on 6 August 2014
Why are so many people moaning that it won't play in their region? How can you NOT KNOW? It says in giant letters Region 1 US Import, NTSC. Then as if saying it in 3 different ways wasn't enough it also warns, This DVD may not be playable outside of the USA. READ what you are buying people Sheesh!

Great film, works fine as long as you have the 2 brain cells required to play it on a multi region player.
on 22 November 2013
This is a fantastic DVD and my 3 year old giggles away at the cheeky characters.
It is great to keep those children with short attention spans occupied as each episode is short and snappy - my little one loves it.
Normally only comes in region 1 but most modern DVD players in the uk will play this now.
on 2 December 2015
Thankfully now available as an mod double set so now plays in uk on standard dvd player
on 24 April 2013
This use to be my favoirte film when I was little girl and my children love it ..x A little adult hummor in some places but my kids have clicked on to it . It was delivered on the time scale very happy with the service . Thank you
on 25 January 2012
delivered on time so no complaints there. I remember seeing this on tv as a child and i loved it. couldnt belive my luck when i came across it and ordered it right away. But my inner child didn't enjoy it second time round. woops!
on 23 April 2016
Unable to play on UK player