Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 13 July 2007
As the review below states, the GPS slides up and then clicks in. Initially I was very concerned that the GPS would just pop out whilst riding (mountain bike) so I used a rubber band to secure it.

But I needn't have bothered as it grips the unit very securely never letting it go even when the bike and I accidentally part company....
on 15 June 2006
This comes with two rubber rings of various widths which fit inside the main plastic ring which wraps around the handlebar, there is lots of scope to make sure things fit perfectly. The GPS just slides into the ringpiece after fitting a plastic cradle to the back of the GPS.
on 18 January 2008
I have used this for a while and found it very effective. Then one day I hit a (speed) bump and the unit fell on to the road. It wasn't damaged, luckily, and I think I may not have clipped it properly into the holder (I noticed subsequently that if I put it in carelessly it wasn't properly secured). Anyway, to be sure I now use the short lanyard that comes with the unit so that, if it does fall out again, it can't fall far.
on 21 April 2012
This item was brought with a 62 series Garmin.IT IS NOT DESIGNED TO FIT THE 62 SERIES. Well made and good idea but it just doesn't fit. Unhappy with Amazon. They haven't done their homework!!!!!
on 22 May 2012
The handlebar mount for a Garmin GPS is well made and I am sure for the GPS's that it does fit it would be super. Unfortunately it doesn't work for the 62s. You have to scew a special bung into the rear of the case of you GPS but on my model there is no screw thread or hole availble where needed. Rendering this item pretty useless! ooops.
on 3 June 2012
I bought this bicycle mounting bracket at the same time as a Garmin Map62st GPS. It is listed by Amazon as an item frequently bought with the Map62st.
Unfortunately, the unit is designed for use with Garmin 60 series units and NOT Garmin 62 series. A GPS 60 can be attached securely to the mounting bracket by a "belt clip knob" which is screwed ont the back of the GPS. You cannot attach this knob to the 62 series because the design of the back panel of the GPS is not the same as for the 60 series.
The GPS can be attached firmly to the mounting bracket but requires a lash-up of cord and/or elastic.
The Amazon illustration shows a cable tie (not supplied, incidentally)which is presumably suggested as one way of achieving a suitable lash-up.
on 26 August 2012
Bought this in a bundle with the gpsmap 62s, and it wont fit the gps at all. Dont buy this thinking its a rough fit or can be bodged, it just wont work at all, find an alternate mount.
on 14 June 2009
Bought this for my 60CSx.

The mount comes in two parts: the mount which attaches to the bike and the cradle which clips onto the GPS receiver. The mount attaches to the handlebar in the usual way, it opens, you clamp it around the handlebar and you tighten the screw. It's supplied with two rubber spacers (one thick, one thin) to put around the handlebar to ensure a firm grip. However, in fitting this to my Trek mountain bike, neither spacer was suitable - the thick was too thick and the thin too thin. To get around this, I created my own additional spacer with some insulation tape.

Once the mount is attached, you simply slide/snap the cradle onto it. It fixes firmly and securely and is removed by depressing a button and sliding out. I don't use any additional securing method, as some other reviews have mentioned, I feel the Garmin mount is secure enough - even when jumping the bike!

This is an excellent mount if you have a 60 series Garmin receiver. It won't fit the eTrex or other Garmins. Ideally, Amazon should change the title of the item to reflect the fact that this is for the 60 series!

One more thing: the photo here shows a black cable tie attached to the cradle - not sure why. There wasn't one in my box and I don't see the need for one.

So, in summary, if you're looking to secure your Garmin 60 series to your bike, then look no further. This is a great, secure way of keeping you receiver in sight whilst riding.
on 14 March 2014
I bought this mount for my Garmin 60CSx GPS based on previous reviews and I'm really pleased with it. It arrived earlier than expected and is clearly a good quality product. As for fitting, it is really quite straightforward. However, the two bits of rubber packing supplied were not suitable for my bike's handlebars. One was too thick and the other too thin. I improvised with something else I had in the cupboard and it fitted just fine. The grip seems very secure. However, I took someone else's advice and looped the Garmin's wrist strap around the handlebars so if the GPS should detach it won't go far.

Once fitted, the GPS is removed by pressing on a lever and lifting it off, very simple.
on 5 February 2013
I wanted a cycle computer but was less than impressed with the wheel sensor types so looked at the GPS style and wanted one but price put them out of my range. Then I remembered I had a Garmin 60C that I used for sailing but that was now redundant after me giving up. I bought the mounting and it fits perfectly, is solid and secure and has given me all the functionality I wanted from a cycle computer (even if it is twice the size of a cycle specific one). The mounting is solid and specific to the Garmin so works really well, I can recommend it as long as you've got this particular GPS unit as it's clearly specific to it and not for any other unit. Only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is that it has to be fitted on the handlebar and can't be rotated through 90 degrees so you can mount it on the stem.