Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(3 star). See all 52 reviews
on 31 December 2012
Warren Beatty is very much the lone-star in this sly little thriller. Although often overlooked, possibly because of its low-key & languid development, there are enough shocks and surprises to keep the viewers' attention. There's lots of nice camera long-shot and dark encounters that are very much of its time and - in black & white - might hint at film-noir. But they're never developed to any great style. It's strictly a 70's movie. That said, there's non of the in-yer-face frenetic action that would typify its genre today. I'm thinking here of "Enemy Of The State".

Well made conspiracy-theory movies have always been good for their money. And this one certainly has the elements. Yet I'm bound to say that ultimately I was left disappointed. There is no kind of denouement. We never really know who is masterminding the plots. It begins as a mystery and ends as a mystery. And that has the appearance as much of a cop-out as an attempt at originality. It certainly doesn't stack-up against the much more recent and very similar "Pelican Brief".

My DVD package has an identical cover to the item advertised by Amazon, but was sourced elsewhere. It is listed as 98min run-time, 2.35:1 aspect ratio and `15' rating. Sound & vision are satisfactory.
on 8 May 2013
This film kept me entertained, a good performance from Warren Beatty and an interesting story although it felt a little dated and old
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 March 2017
This was an enjoyable enough movie, it was really more of an action adventure type film than a conspiracy thriller though. There's not actually any real sense of mystery or intrigue as we are told what's going on fairly early on in the film and the story only explores this organizational of assassins and their recruiting methods and not anything deeper. We are never told for example who has hired said organizational to carry out these political assassinations or why. It's a fun action movie but not what I'd call thought provoking or intelligent and it certainly has nothing to say about the darker side of politics or government conspiracies etc.
on 10 January 2015
If you like the genre of political/conspiracy thrillers then you'll like The Parallax View. Yes it looks a bit dated but keeps you engaged right through to the unexpected ending.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 June 2010
I am sorry to say that I dont think this film has aged very well. I love Beatty , I love the time and the genre - I really wanted to love this film but .....its sort of OK but ultimately a bit disappointing and not very gripping or convincing.