on 19 December 2013
This guy is really fun, well built, I have only tested it prior to it being a Christmas present for 2013 but I had so much fun with it..It will take a bit of programming but lots of varied movements...so much fun, I bought 2 other cheaper interactive robots but this was well as I have a 6 year old and 5 year old twins its worth spending the extra on. ... major robot wars at Christmas I think this one will win
on 5 September 2008
This toy/machine is one of the best things I have ever had for my any of my birthdays, its absolutely fantastic and I was lucky enough to choose this one for myself with no regrets.
Everyone in the family thinks its fabulous too.
Its a must get toy/machine
on 21 February 2015
Amazing! From point of order to arrival to giving it to my son amazing 1st class brilliant! When I checked comparisons I had a complete bsrgain & cos he'd never asked for it a complete surprise. Worth every penny but I really did get a bargain especially at free delivery! LOvE my AMAZON.X Thank you
on 13 January 2013
As a Christmas present I was not sure how easy this product was to operate....7 year old took to it straight away and had it sussed in no time....Don't expect it to do incredible things but what it does it does well all in all a good but
on 3 March 2013
It's great fun if you know how to work it. It's not for a 4 year old to make it work fully but it's fun enough to entertain a 4 year old. On the box it says from 6+ but not on the site. Overall it's fun enough.
on 23 January 2013
My daughter found it fun to play with for a few hours but she quickly lost interest. The remote control has too many functions per key and the 'record a sequence of button pushes and playback' style of programming is very limited. Once you've watched it dance and make farting noises for a while it ends up in the corner. It does look cool and it might be fun to take it apart and see how they did the mechanics.
on 7 December 2012
8 years on, Robbie our Robosapien is still going strong, but it's owner is now too 'grown up' to play with it!
When it was received all those years ago, it was a treasured toy, and played with all the time. It walks and speaks a few words, and is operated via a large remote control! Not so technically advanced these days as it was new, but it still delights any young visitors to the household.
on 28 March 2014
Not recommended due to the complexity of how this toy is controlled. Doesn't work very well, It doesn't even pick up the black cup that came with the robot. I spent a fortune on this toy and the stacks of batteries and it just stands in my son's wardrobe (now an unwanted Christmas present) after only an hour or so of use.
on 6 December 2013
Ok - first off this is a great toy purchased more than a year ago for a boy that consistently said he wanted a robot, and this clearly fits the bill. Robosapien's pretty entertaining too with his grunts and dance moves. Another thing that _really_ impressed me is the battery life - 4 D cells are not cheap but he uses the power wisely!

What I would like to see is a bit more control of the device to ( maybe? ) encourage a bit of robotic programming. For example, you can program in a few steps, and even an 'interrupt' so that if he touches something that triggers another routine. Sounds great, but that is lost when he powers down, so you have to go through the programming rigmarole again, and you can't prepare something to show later. Also the number of programmable steps is very limited, especially considering the cost of memory nowadays.

Next thing ( an extra option? ) would be a port that you could program him via a computer to maybe to a bit more e.g. walk forward until you touch something, open hand, turn around and walk away. Program each motor separately. That might also allow an algorithm to get him to walk straight ( ours doesn't ).

In conclusion then, I would recommend this product that it certainly does what it advertises, and the toy has suffered the usual knocks and rough treatment that toys get without any visible damage - but ( maybe version 2? ) has some room for improvement as an educational toy.
on 31 July 2012
I bought this for my brother's 46th birthday. He's a fan of robots generally and this seemed like the ultimate robot to buy. A little complicated for young kids but with adult supervision it can be enjoyed by all. Even my brother's one year old son enjoyed the robot, holding its hand and taking it for a walk.