Format: DVD|Change

on 7 January 2005
Personally, I was upset that the audio commentary by Jonny Davidson himself didn't contain one outburst. Surely that was the point.
Even he accepts that it is an extremely funny film. Perhaps that is why it is making a lot of money for the tourette's syndrome charity that he himself endorses.
Give the guy a break, at least people who found it funny actually know something about the condition now...
God bless you mate, I am glad you are getting on with things, you deserve the best in life.
on 2 September 2004
I was both moved and fascinated at Johns affliction, however, when i got over the initial shock, i found it quite funny. No I didn't. I found it pant wettingly hilarious to the extent where i had to seek medical attention for my splitting sides. I particularly enjoyed the scene where john flobs over his siblings dinner several times, then innocently says "If you're not ginna eat that can i have it ooo och the noo?"
Marvellous. Probably the most talked about 80s documentary ever. I remember the next day at school in 1989 EVERYONE was talking about it. Many a stoners chat has debated the comice value of that docu-comedy. Well done QED, and even better done to the dude who decided it should be released on DVD. Can't wait to show my mates!!
on 22 July 2004
I couldn't believe my luck when I saw that the greatest documentary of all time, had surfaced on DVD. I forgotten just how funny tourettes syndrome can be (and generally is), witness the scene where John is planting cacti with some other kids, he hasn't got a bout of tourettes there, he merely uses his afflication as a cover, so that he can call the teacher a big nosed t*sser. I am so glad this is out, buy it now, it's quite possibly the funniest film you'll see in years, and a top bit of post pub entertainment.
on 13 May 2004
I agree with the above review, John is indeed a genius. When I watched the show I was not depressed so I laughed even harder at John, in fact I went one step further than wetting myself.
Long live john.
on 15 January 2005
On New Year's Eve a few friends and I had a party and played what, perhaps, may rival 'Withnail and I' in terms of an interactive game. We put on the DVD of 'John's not mad' (which I had recently purchased) and drank heartily every time that John swore during the documentary. I found it to be a heartwarming tale, good to help you get drunk AND you give to charity if you buy it. How satisfying is that???
on 20 February 2004
I've only seen bits of John's debut. The stuff i saw was highly entertaining. I must tell you that If you found John as funny as I did. Then you have to see Gareth's Not Mad on Bo Selector series one DVD. Brilliant!!!!!
on 15 November 2005
As somebody who was at school when this programme was shown, "John's Not Mad" ranks as one of the best bits of British comedy of the 1980's. Anybody that buys this DVD will almost certainly say in their head "I know its wrong but..." The best part for me is John in the Library. A real life version of Marty Fisher from TV's Shameless.
top quality
on 16 March 2004
classic british comedy,new actor trying out something different although i thought he swore far too much, difficult 2 series included,i find he tries to hard and the gags seem not as fluent as the first(however burning ones head with a fag deserves an oscar)