Format: DVD|Change

on 6 April 2017
Really liked this old wartime classic . If you are into old movies this is up there with the best.
on 7 June 2017
after reading another person's review, I purchased this DVD. I am delighted.
on 7 June 2017
excellent
on 16 June 2017
Watched it as part of d day rememberance good old fashioned British film from a time long gone a feel good film
on 5 June 2017
What it meant to be British at a time when we were losing the war
on 30 May 2017
great film dated but as expected, thanks
on 7 March 2014
Brilliant evocation of the period. Principle actors good, others less so. Interesting period shots. Atmospheric even though the storyline is somewhat stretched!
on 1 June 2017
great film
on 17 August 2003
This is a remarkable film, especially when you think it was made in the early 40s and no one knew what the ultimate outcome of the war would be. Particularly poignant was the scene of the family in the Anderson shelter during an air raid. I watched it with my sister whilst on holiday in England, all these things happened over twenty years before we were born and it humbles you to think of the sacrifices that were made for us and how lightly we take our freedom. I wish more people of my generation could see this film.
on 15 April 2013