on 8 June 2017
All time classics like this are compulsive viewing and take me back to what seemed an easier and possibly simpler time . I love the old scenes of rural England way back then . The plot lines and actors go a long way to make these classics worth looking at over and over again. Amazing when you think of how old Margaret Rutherford was when these films were made, cannot imagine her been cast as the lead role in today's films which is a pity as she had so much talent and personality . Well worth buying and certainly value for money.
on 14 March 2012
I remember watching these on BBC2 on a Saturday morning as a kid. Forget swap shop, tiswas and gordon the gopher. Margaret Rutherford's Miss Marple ruled.

I was concerned about buying this as things from childhood rarely live up to the memory of them, milky bars just aren't the same (yuk), but this set of films is outstanding. It is said that revenge is best served cold, in this case Miss Marple is all the better for being seen fresh after the gap from childhood to adulthood.

I never realised that Margaret Rutherford had such great comic timing, and she was so subtle. I love the fact that the fun they had together can be seen in the finished produce, and, of course, look out for Joan Hickson (probably the best Miss Marple of all time) as the muttering part time help at the big house.

I can see why Agatha Christie like Margaret Rutherford, she may or may not have liked these versions (depending on who you read) but Christie and Rutherford had one thing in common, an enjoyment of murder mysteries. Rutherford being involved in the investigation of a true life crime.

There is one disappointment with this series - why didn't they make more of them. There were four films - there just seemed to be more of them.
on 27 September 2017
I adore these old movies, simple as that. Margaret Rutherford is great. I know there's some debate about the comedy element, but it doesn't worry me at all, as i just enjoy them as is. I'm not a film critic of course, and speak as I find. The box set is nice, and is a welcomed addition to the collection!
on 16 February 2017
Great fun! watched during Christmas week. Will watch many more times.
Margaret Rutherford had a great comedy screen presence, and pulled some amazing faces. Great supporting casts too.
on 2 January 2017
Got these as a present and love them. She is so funny. They don't make them like this anymore. Love the old films.Well worth the asking price.
on 3 February 2017
This took me back to when I was a kid watching Margaret on screen the rapour with her sidekick truely delightfully.old English mysteries by Agatha Christies played so humorously well set on black and white format a treasure to keep
on 25 February 2017
I got the order I wanted , it was a nostalgic purchase that is all .
on 10 March 2017
I love Margaret Rutherford and this box set is perfect
on 7 April 2017
As far as I am concerned she is the one and only Miss Marple.
on 21 June 2017
Wonderful Sunday afternoon watching. Really enjoyable storylines and great production. Although not the physical description Agatha Christie gives of Marple in her books, Margaret Rutherford captures the essence of her superbly and I think the best Marple as she's about the character and not appearance that other actresses focus on. A great set of films.