on 1 October 2012
There are plenty of reviews on Amazon.com, and to summarize, it divides people. It's a tiny mirror mounted on a balljointed pad which sticks to the outer edge of your glasses. Some people have wraparound glasses and can't mount it at the right angle, some can feel their lashes brushing it, and some don't have vision which allows them to focus on the very small lens. Others don't seem to have the patience to get it adjusted properly. (Clue: if all you can see is something that looks like the surface of the moon, that's your nose. Angle it further out.)
Me, I love it. The ability to monitor traffic coming up behind, or to check where your friends are without having to turn round is addictive, and I really miss it when I'm riding without glasses. I've tried mirrors mounted on bikes, and this is far better, although getting it mounted and adjusted is a faff. If you're not sure, the good news is that the packaging is non-destructive, so you can always repack it and give it to a cycling friend for their birthday. Statistically, one of you will like it.
on 11 October 2012
I highly recommend using a mirror when riding for safety reasons. A mirror is what allows you to take care of yourself on the road.
If you've never used a mirror in traffic it will be hard at first, but after getting used to it you'll get the same habbit that drivers have to check the rear view.
This particular type of mirror is hard to properly adjust at first, but since it sits in a protected place it will very rarely get misaligned, so time spent putting it right is time well spent. I guess it would be worth making a HOWTO video about adjusting it because it's hard to explain in words, but just google the forums - the instructions there have been useful for me.
Also, it will take some getting used to something sitting so close to the eye (also mentioned on cycling forums).

Pros:
- a quick way to get a clear view of the traffic behind;
- no blind spots (a 10-20 degree head turn gives a full view);
- discrete;
- very rare re-adjustment needed;
Cons:
- takes time to adjust properly, especially at first;
- takes time to get used to;
- blocks a part of the lower-right (or lower-left) field of view;
- not recommended with classes that need frequent lens changing (recommended with photochromic);
- dependent on personal eye position (won't work on another person without adjusting again);

Bottom line: it's worth the trouble. I'm very satisfied.

===
Added 1+ years o permanent usage:
I wanted to buy a second one, but seems they've gone up in price from the £11 I spent on them initially.

One more con I found:
- the provided double sided scotch gets worn out at some point and the mirror becomes increasingly difficult to re-place and keep placed. They come with one spare though!

Pro tip: take a permanent marker and circle the comfortable position on the other side of the lens. Now, in case it falls off or you change lenses, you can place the mirror in the exact same comfort spot in seconds!

This is still, hands down, my favourite bicycle accessory.

===
Added:
I think I found a good workaround: blu tack. Works much better than the double sided adhesive provided.
44 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 October 2016
It is a good idea, but with very poor technical execution. The blurb suggests it is a high quality optic, but it is not.
The image is small and blurred. I have 3 dioptre contact lenses for short nearsightedness, and the image I get in the mirror
is as blurred as if I was not wearing the lenses. Not only that it covers only a small area.
My handle bar mounted glass convex mirror covers a view that is about 3 times as wide and 2 times as tall.
i.e. about 6 times the area and in perfect focus.
It took me about an hour to get the setting right on the sunglasses, and about an other hour to get used to turning my head to use the mirror whilst riding.
Overall. a waste of time and money.

it is like the image I get with my contact lenses out
on 11 August 2013
Please do not take notice of negative reviews of this product, because they can only be down to the user. I have used this for some time now and consider it essential. In fact I feel uncomfortable cycling without it. For the first hour after opening it, I was unimpressed and thought I had wasted my money. The fact is that it takes a little time and effort, moving the mirror around, and getting the pivot angle right, but, once you do it is well worth it. I have it set like I do my car wing mirrors, just with a little of the side of my head visible. When riding, a slight move of the head to the right, and a glance will show you the road behind you. It is not something you stare into, just a quick glance. The more you use it the easier it is, and I say this again... you will find it essential when cycling.
It is far more effective than a cycle mounted mirror, and has the added advantage whilst out and about on foot, of checking out women behind you without your wife knowing!!!
I can't say more, just buy it!
on 27 October 2012
Really clear - remarkable device.

It is recommended that you think out for a minute where to place the mirror, to avoid arm of glasses obstruction.
on 16 February 2016
Not bad, i think it would be better if it was longer top to bottom, it depends allot on what type of glasses you have. It can be a bit close to the eyeball.
on 27 January 2013
Total waste of money :( Buyers beware! Seller (this item is sold through an independent seller, not Amazon) does not accept returns on this item once opened - and, of course, in order to try it, you have to open it!

Item doesn't work as advertised: the mirror image barely works - I could only sometimes see a very, very small mirror image of what was behind me. Instead, it distorts images in front and to the side of you, to the point of being dangerous. I tried this whilst cycling and found it to be very irritating, at best, and disconcerting, at worst.

Shame the seller doesn't make the no returns policy more visible, I did not notice that when I purchased it and would not have taken the risk in buying it, if I knew I couldn't return it. Putting things in fine print is legal, of course, but not really fair to buyers.