Customer reviews

Colour: Black|Size: 5m|Change

on 2 February 2016
Absolutely POOR quality. I was fooled by previous reviews. I received one CAT5e cable and one without ANY MARKING whatsoever.
The cable insulation feels very thin and of poor quality. There is no BELKIN branding anywhere. Feels very cheap. Free returns only apply to UK residents in this case, so I am stuck with these.
Review of: "10M CAT6 RJ45 Belkin LAN Cables - Snagless - Black"

I am fed up with using PowerLine adapters and their issues. It may be because we have an old Victorian house with some fairly old wiring, but I have found the adapters unreliable and prone to lockups requiring a restart. I have tried a couple of makes and varying speed devices – all to no avail. When I do an overnight backup of my desktop PC to a family NAS (WD My Cloud) in the lounge, more often than not I find it has failed or is still trying to finish in the morning.

So, I bit the bullet and have put in a proper wired CAT6 LAN. I did consider using Wi-Fi extenders but my trials proved no better (indeed, worse) than the powerline adapters. I got a decent TP-Link 10 port switch and connected it to our BT Home Hub 5 router. Where possible I have tried to use ready-made LAN cables as my crimping skills are not good! However, except where a device is only a couple of feet from the switch, I have then sited at least one LAN Socket in each room so we can just plug devices in as necessary. The mobiles and tablets still use Wi-Fi but the PC’s, the NAS, TV Boxes and the TV are now all wired. It is a big improvement.

These cables have proved to be an excellent and good value. They fit the sockets snuggly and securely and I have no issues at all. I also appreciated the quick delivery.

I am very pleased with this purchase.
on 29 October 2014
Not Belkin (as far as I can tell) and cat5e rather than the cat6 I ordered. Watch out, these people seem to be mis-selling.
on 17 April 2017
You get what you pay for the speed and protection is good from the product and comes at a good price, it is perfect for people who once thet cable is laid will not touch it for a long time however in my case i used this on the go from LAN events as well as within work and university. The one thing you will come to realise is that the connectors are very easy to break. I purchased three of them and within 3 months i had to bin 2 of them and the third one is staying put just to save some money. Good for maybe office use but for people who move perhaps look at others.
on 25 April 2017
Purchased 3 different 3m colours, plus a 5m, all appear genuine Belkin branded items with Cat6 labelling etc. Admittedly they were all specifically via Amazon (add on prices I could not deny!)

They do have Black tips vs those in the official photo's, not that I mind.
review image
on 27 June 2017
I've ordered quite a few of these as I've been tidying my home & home office networks up.

All of the cables I've received so far have been genuine and of a good quality.

Patch bays and network switches are now nice and tidy and all running at 1Gbps.
review image
VINE VOICEon 19 February 2013
Bought a selection of Cat6 patch cables for TP-LINK TL-SG1008D 8-port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch , Plastic Case so I was running Gigabit Ethernet on all my connections. This is a well made cable that seems to work well with the switch. One thing to note, the cable isn't very flexible so the available length will not be the full 50cm. If you have network points next to or on top of each other, then this will be idea and prevent the 'cable spaghetti' nightmare of network engineers everywhere.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 11 June 2013
I needed a couple of extra cables, and as these were the same price as cat5 when I bought them (half the price they are now), it was a no brainer to choose cat6, even though I can't measure any difference performance-wise. But at least if I have to call my ISP to report a connection problem, and they read off their useless pre-prepared script "Are you using cat6 cables?", I can now say, truthfully, "That's totally irrelevant, but yes" :-)
on 5 June 2017
These cables are durable and easy to manage. I have had these installed in a high traffic environment with no issues for a while now. I would highly recommend.
on 23 March 2017
Connects my 5 port switch to my Pi and works well, Nicely made cables. I would purchase again when the needs arise