• Customer reviews

on 21 January 2018
Hi Guys, bought these on the 16th of Dec.'17 to replace cheap Lidl batteries I was using and was hoping they would last longer! No such hope! The Lidl LR14's (C) would normally last about 5-6 months, these lasted only one month! I've already gone through two packs of six batteries (four at a time)! Joke! Buy Duracell they say! Back to Lidl with me. If you want to throw your money away, knock yourself out.
Update The 27th of Jan.'18. I had to replace the four batteries I installed when I wrote the above review, I am now going to install four Lidl batteries and see how long they last.
on 1 January 2018
There is definitely something wrong with these batteries. Some batches may be ok but I have experienced very poor life from the ones I have bought. I never doubted the battery, I thought I had a problem with the equipment I use (Electric guitars) and paid to have the guitars checked over. Again the batteries would die on me. One week for a bad batch, 6 weeks for a not so bad batch. I would expect 6 months use from a good Duracell battery.
Also the way they die is different. A proper Duracell tends to gently fade giving you plenty of notice that they are going. These batteries just go from ok to dead in a second. A disaster on a gig. Maybe not a big deal if you are running a clock or a toy.
I will take it up with Amazon.
22 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 4 June 2017
Long sell by date, so I'm happy these will store until needed. I've used Duracell before and for regular use, I'm happy with their performance. I use them in laptop mouse, wireless speakers and clocks where they last for months and often years. Competitive price; at least one third cheaper than buying from local supermarket. Very pleased.
VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 February 2017
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
We always have a supply of AAA batteries in stock, usually Duracells because they have proved reliable over the years.. We go through a lot what with multiple remote controllers and small torches which we keep dotted about the house because we fairly frequently suffer electricity outages and also use to get around our village at night in the absence of any streetlighting. The Plus range works well in everyday items like torches, watches and battery-powered 'candles' which I have in our fireplace. There is a higher performance range of Duracells but we don't find them any better than the Plus range despite the higher price but they may be better for high drain equipment.
VINE VOICEon 15 February 2017
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
I have one of these new small and very powerful LED torches and have been using cheap (and I mean CHEAP) triple A batteries. At first they gave a powerful enough light, but after about a week I noticed the light beginning to dim. After I finished the pack of 12 I realised that the torch was costing more than I bargained for, but as I loved the brightness of my new torch, I decided to use Duracell to find out if they really did last longer. The result was amazing. My cheap batteries lasted about 10-14 days (taking the dog out for his before bedtime walk) but the Duracell ones seemed to go on and on. Indeed not only longing lasting but obviously more power as the light is even more intense.

Well done Duracell, I don't think I will be using any other batteries from now on. At the end of the day, the Duracell batteries work out cheaper!
on 12 December 2017
This is really good value for high quality batteries. Duracell is a battery brand that you can trust for long life batteries for a range of different devices. I mostly use these for things like remote controls and clocks around the home. These last for ages, and when you buy a bigger pack of batteries such as a 12-pack, you end up paying much less per battery, so it's always worth the extra investment.

The expiry on these batteries was more than okay and I would highly recommend these batteries for powering your AA devices.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 27 November 2016
Always handy to have around whether it be for your remote-controls, or indeed given the time of year, many of
today's kiddies toys are battery-operated (always good to have a back-up)
Have always found Duracell-Batteries reliable and longer-lasting than some.
VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 July 2017
These were bought for general use in low-drain items such as my two radio-controlled clocks, a wireless mouse, and the two parts (the outdoor transmitter and the indoor receiver) of an indoor-outdoor thermometer. I use rechargeable batteries for high drain purposes.

This 12 pack therefore looks likely to last me a good, long time. Duracell claim that ‘Duracell's Duralock keeps unused batteries powered for up to 10 years in ambient storage’ therefore looks attractive. The ‘Best Before’ date on the pack I received from Amazon Marketplace seller Just Clearance Ltd is 2016. That’s about eight-and-a-half years from now. I will surely get through them all by then, with or without help from family.

Maybe I should have bought Duracell Ultra Power. Although still an alkaline battery, Which? Magazine says it outlasts Energiser’s Ultimate Lithium (top of their league table) on low drain uses. But they cost more, and, just changing the odd battery at infrequent intervals, it is impossible to know what would have been best.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 December 2016
Quality Duracell batteries. Excellent price and fast delivery. Tried cheap batteries in two animated toys, they just didn't have the initial oomph to get them going at all, even though they were brand new and straight out of the pack. Ordered the twelve pack of Duracell batteries, which arrived the next day, popped them in said toys and off they went. Worked a treat. Obviously all batteries are NOT the same and it's not just clever advertising. Would definitely buy again.
on 11 February 2017
Ive always used Duracell batteries there well made and seem to go on for ages i have them in my mouse keyboard and my tin opener which i use a lot and they have never let me down,, You may pay a bit more for them but its worth it , There`s no point buying a cheaper brand, your only end up wasting money and getting frustrated ,

If your looking for a long lasting battery Duracell is the way :-)