Customer reviews

boyce fan loved it
on 28 April 2017
Wonderful
on 16 December 2003
This is the DVD release of Max's hit concert at the Sydney Opera House. It was recorded during the rugby world cup so a lot of the content revolves around rugby but even people who aren't that interested in rugby (like me!) will really enjoy it. If you're a fan of Max this is a must have and if you're not that familiar with him this is a great introduction!
on 27 December 2003
Max was at his briliant best with his show from the syney opera house filmed two days before the wales v all blacks game during the 20003 world cup. The show show how Max's view of wales progress in the world cup, and also his views on the rest of the teams especially the 16 members of the English Rugby Team. The show shows that Max still mentain his charm with a full house at his beck and call of all of his tunes.
on 11 October 2011
What can I say about Max Boyce! I hadn't heard Max' stories or songs before but hearing he was coming to our local theatre a couple of weeks ago we booked seats and I have never laughed so much in all my life. I had tears running down my face
most of the evening. So impressed I was that I came home and ordered this dvd - it did not disappoint. He is as funny on this dvd as he was live and I just love the way he sends up us English folk especially when he's talking about
the Welsh and rugby. I would certainly recommend it. Also, it's a great price - much cheaper than the theatre seats;>) Well packed and speedy delivery.
on 20 April 2004
Max Boyce aims this show at the live audience he is playing too, it isvery assie, and some of these jokes can be lost. It's a shame some of hiswelshness has been lost, I am sure if he came on to Sospan Fach theaudience would have been on their feet from the start. But it is clear inparts that he has lost none of his love of Wales or the game of Rugby,this shines through as it always has.It is a shame that this Vidiocontains too few of his songs, but its a great testament to Max Boyce thathe could fill the Opera House, keep going Max Bach !!
on 1 June 2011
It's Max and it's great if you're a fan. I was a little disappointed as it's pretty much identical to the show the BBC broadcast. No additional material and it's only 60 minutes long which is a little shy for a live DVD in my opinion.
on 13 November 2013
I love Max Boyce, the singing entertainer par excellence, this disc was disappointing. Far too much talking and precious few traditional rugby songs. His audio discs like Doctors' Papers are infinitely superior.
on 28 February 2014
What a fabulous show! This one made my Mum cry! She loved it but it was a real walk down memory lane. Her parents were Welsh and she was brought up listening to his ogy ogy ogy! As was I :)
on 6 December 2013
Absolutely delighted with my purchase. Exactly what I needed. Infact, the rest of my family loved it so bought 3.