Customer reviews

on 9 December 2016
Outputs as much energy as it takes in - electric heating is effectively 100% efficient from power point onwards. I find it enough to adequately heat a medium size living room (about 4m x 4m) in winter to around 21C, if left on for about a third of the day. Make of that what you will, but this is cheap to run and unobtrusive.

Main downside is the loud and regular clicking from the built in thermostat. You soon get used to it though.
on 1 April 2017
Gets hot itself but doesnt throw the heat out.
on 17 April 2017
This is a thin panel heater. It is very neat and attractive in appearance. It fitted easily to the wall and is very efficient. I would highly recommend this product.
on 7 March 2012
I am very pleased with this heater, it is easy to wall mount, very slim and light and gives out a lot of heat. It looks good too.
on 14 December 2014
Its a nice unit and well designed. but honestly it doesn't give out much heat at all. Even in the smallest of rooms it struggles.
on 10 January 2012
A slim, compact yet effective heater and excellent value for money. Very low cost running and the heat is a gentle but constant warmth rather than the dryness of a blower. Very happy and have ordered another as a definite alternative to central heating.
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 December 2014
UPDATED
=======

I bought two of these for use in the bedrooms of a holiday cottage. Because I knew the flex wouldn't be long enough, I thought I'd take a peek inside, to see if I could fit a new one, rather than having to have a joint in it. There's no terminal block for the flex; it has crimped terminals and pushes onto the switch. Plausible to replace, but the plastic grommet doesn't look re-usable and would probably need replacing too. So, on the off-chance anyone else was wondering, that's the answer ;-)

There are two heating elements; they are flexible wires, like the sort of thing you find in an electric blanket (or maybe under-floor heating) and are stuck to the front panel using aluminium tape. Each element is protected by a non-resettable thermal trip, rated at 125ºc. There is a fixed thermostat (of the type you'd find in a central heating boiler), also mounted on the front panel. It operates at about 85ºc, according to my made-in-China IR thermometer. (You can hear a light click from the thermostat when power is applied and a louder clunk when it is removed.)

The rear panel temperature never exceeded 30ºc in my tests.

I noticed that the thermostat operates repeatedly at predictable intervals. Heat is applied for around 50 seconds and removed for approximately 90 seconds. The *average* power consumption is therefore not 800Watts, but a rather miserable 286Watts. (50 / (50+90) * 800 = 286). This would explain why some people have criticised the amount of heat this unit produces. I did my tests in a very large conservatory and the heater did nothing whatsoever to the ambient air temperature - which remained at 12ºc throughout.

Hand-written on the aluminium tape, was a note that said "Sep 24, 2008"; revealing that this thing is over 6 years old! When my daughter saw the innards, she said it looked like something I'd made. I've got a feeling that wasn't a compliment :-(

Since I bought two of these 'heaters', I dug the other one out of its box and did some tests with it. On average, that one applies power for 53 seconds followed by a 113 second OFF period. The average power was therefore a whopping (53 / (53+113) * 800 = 255Watts. That's about the same heat output you'd get from half-a-dozen of those little 'Tea-light' candles...

I'm not expecting these to be very effective in their intended location :-(
review image review image review image
22 Comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 April 2013
I gave this heater 5 stars as it was quite simple to connect and put feet on. It was so hot i thought, wow! all this for 2p an hour. The only down side is the short lead but it started up so quick and was so warm that i thought i would over look this. Good price for what it is.
on 28 June 2017
Very compact, very easy to handle, and pretty! Performance of the product is very good, very fast, I have been using it and would recommend it to more friends around. Delivery soon, something good, have the effect. Very good seller. Thank you. My colleagues are very like. Oh come again next time Awesome! I wish I had another one. Very pleased with item and the exceptionally generous customer service I received. glad I replaced my previous with this
on 11 July 2014
Purchased to ensure there's a warm welcome in the winter, and buying them in the summer has added benefits of cheaper purchase .
Easy to fit and looks great , I have this linked up to a Sol*Aire thermostat for wireless receiver,and it's a real class act together