Customer reviews

on 8 February 2009
I'm beginning to think i had dreamt about this film because nobody seems to have watched it. I was clearing away the wrapping paper one Christmas morning when my daughter had gone to her dads and i was feeling sad. The tv was on and this little film i had never heard of came on. It was magical and lifted my spirits!!!! Please watch it.
on 7 January 2014
Beautiful story of the spirit of christmas. Very simplistic in the way it is told , the music and animation is all that is needed
on 20 December 2013
Was delighted to obtain 2 for 1 DVD's to replace an old video that my children loved so much, now my Grandchildren can enjoy this lovely film. No horror, no cursing just pure enjoyment for little ones
on 23 January 2014
Like everyone else on here I have bought the DVD for 'on christmas eve' as I have fond memories of watching this when I was younger. My parents still have the video cassette but I wanted a copy on DVD so this fits the bill perfectly. It's a simple and silent christmas story but there's something about it, maybe with the music in the background, just seems to take me back to being a child eagerly anticipating christmas morning. Looking forward to one day showing this to my children.
on 26 November 2010
'On Christmas Eve' is a beautiful and magical piece of animation that was shown on television many years ago. I have shown this film to my class of nursery children every Christmas since then and they have been captivated by it. So why isn't is screened every year on television? It's the same with 'Granpa' - another fabulous piece of animation directed by the late Diane Jackson. Again, I show it to my 3 and 4 year olds and they are entranced!! And it hasn't even been released on DVD!! Utter madness. Channel 4, hang your heads in shame. 'Granpa' and 'On Christmas Eve' are every bit as good as 'The Snowman' and much better than 'Father Christmas' for the younger viewer. Children in this country are being deprived of superb animation. It's such a terrible shame and makes me want to weep.
on 28 January 2016
I've searched for this little gem of a film for years and at last I found it....for Christmas of all times !...I love it so much...kept watching it over and over again over the festive season. It's a silent festive film, although there's no talking in it, you can still make out what the story is about ( it brings a tear to your eye as well ). A Small Miracle is a film I will never ever part with !!!!!
on 18 August 2013
I have bought this mainly for the bonus DVD - "On Christmas Eve", which is a beautiful Xmas story for children. My own children loved it and so did I. I am sure my granddaughter will love it in a few years (she's newborn right now) and it will make her feel "Christmassie"
on 5 February 2014
Bought this for a friend when I saw it for sale on Amazon. There's two short films on one dvd. I think after
Being used to Pixar films this was slight disappointing. Glad I didn't pay a lot of money for it. She says her grandchildren like it.
on 7 January 2015
DVD arrived promptly and securely packaged. I am pleased with the product as I thought that it may be difficult to locate. It arrived in excellent condition and was also good value for money, Thankyou very much.
on 26 November 2014
Two lovely stories for younger children but even the grownups enjoyed them. The first story seems a bit slow and sad but the turnaround is a real surprise. We loved it.