on 28 October 2013
This is the perfect pressure cooker. It comes with a User Manual in five languages which fully explains everything and especially operation and recipes.

It's beautifully neat and tidy in gleaming stainless steel with a very slick pressure indicator and release mechanism which works exactly as described.

It is by far the best cooker for an electric hob and fits on the ceramic surface like a glove, unlike others and especially aluminium ones which distort with the heat, I've sadly discovered.

You might want to order the accessory basket, available on Ebay, if, like me, you're cooking veg for one, but I already had three, from previous, much less slick and satisfactory, cookers.

It hisses loudly when it gets up to Pressure 2, after five minutes from cold, to let you know it's time to turn the heat down from maximum 5 to medium 3 or lower 2 to maintain Pressure 2, which is then strangely soundless, unlike other hissing, spluttering devils, or down to minimum 1 to facilitate Pressure 1, which is similarly soundless.

I don't know why but the veg tastes better from this cooker than it did from the others and has a better consistency.
on 27 July 2015
Silent. quick. easy to use. you can't get better, only bigger!..buy one save time, energy bills and washing up and everything is SO tasty with most of the goodness intact! (but you may have to experiment with some of the timings) - lots of free online recipies and how to use, eg: http://missvickie.com/index.htm
Forget the old days of hissing and spitting old fashioned basic pressure cookers...this is the dogs..!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 February 2018
I purchased my Duromatic Top (Long Handle, 5 Litre, 22 cm), in May 2013. The valve cap is made of plastic and the stem thread within it has broken after just less than five years. The replacement valve cap is currently £12.95 plus £4.50 for delivery. It is otherwise a very good pressure cooker, but it would be much better if the valve cap housed a metal stem thread.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 December 2013
I had been looking for a really classy pressure cooker for a long time, having previously bought middle of the road models but nothing really top-end. This is something else. You can actually cook things with great precision in it, and with very little liquid - it's not just for soups and stewed dishes. It's practically noiseless in operation and is very easy to clean - comes up bright and shiny-new after every wash. A really great buy, although expensive - at least in my terms.
on 5 December 2013
Brilliant. Had an old one many, many years ago and can honestly say that these new models bear no resemblance to the hissing monsters of the past. really efficient and every thing that we've cooked has come out perfectly.
on 12 August 2013
I had one of these Kuhn Duromatic pressure cookers but I couldn't get on with it and it did not suit me for the reasons explained below so I returned it back to Amazon.

I wanted a pressure cooker that would really help me see when its at the right pressure and when the cooking actually starts because pressure cooking begins when the pressure is correct and not before or after - no guess work. I also wanted a cooker with a built in timer which could turn itself on at the right pressure and would keep it there. All of these wishes were fulfilled with a WMF Perfect Ultra. Not only did it absolutely fulfill all of my requirements but it even bleeps and flashes a red light when the pressure is right and it bleeps and signals a green light at the end of the cooking cycle too letting you know when its done and safe to remove the lid. My preference was for a WMF. Its expensive but its not a toy and its beautifully made to a high standard. I am not putting the Kuhn Rikon Duromatic down it just was not for me - and the WMF is also extremely quiet and the food always tastes great.
on 7 December 2012
I threw my old pressure cooker out years ago when aluminium had such negative press, I didn't want my food in contact with it. This Kuhn Rikon is a beautiful seamless stainless steel with a thick base to spread the heat and none of that constant steam pressure hiss, it is almost silent and almost no steam escapes. It cooks whole smallish potatoes in 7 minutes and a beef brisket casserole I used to simmer for three hours in my Le Crueset took 30 minutes in this machine to achieve the meltingly tender style. I'm very impressed but you need to buy a pressure cookery book because the book that comes with it is just covers safety issues. You just use maximum heat (9 on my hob) to bring the two red pressure line into view then it is maintained on a low heat (3 on my hob)
on 3 April 2013
Very well made. Only disappointing thing was that bit had no Instruction book with it, just a slim recipe leaflet. I managed to download from the manufacturer's website. It works superbly and cooks the food in a fraction of the time. cleaning is easy and I really recommend it.
on 22 January 2017
After three years started leaking really bad. It is hard to keep the pressure. Not Worth the Money.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse