on 4 May 2014
I bought this believing that it would be a useful guide to the actual work of the park keeper, as it has long been an ambition of mine to become one. Imagine my surprise and joy when, having just watched a few episodes, I actually secured a position at a park in N. Yorkshire. However, on my very first day of work, or should I say evening, I was savagely attacked by both a fox and a badger, who I can only assume were acting in tandem, and was forced to resign. Oh deluded youth!
4 people found this helpful
on 8 September 2016
Brought with granddaughter in mind as they have story books about Percy the park keeper at school. As she loves animals & nature was sure it would please her, she loves it as Percy always helps the creatures & is very kind & calm.
One person found this helpful
on 14 October 2012
This DVD is a really beautiful adaptation of Nick Butterworth's books. The animations are bold and clear and have an old style feel about them. Jim Broadbent provides a very apt voice of Percy. Suitable for pre-school children through to Key Stage 1 (up to about 7 years old - although my 8 and 9 year old still enjoy watching them). Would make a lovely present for both boys and girls.
2 people found this helpful
on 27 October 2008
This has kept the same charming and beautifully presented stories faithfully. Jim Broadbent is perfect for Percy the Parkkeeper (despite the last thing i saw him in was Moulin Rouge - hilarious!). The stories are a little more involved than say Kipper or the Thomas stories, and are brilliant for children who are able to sit and listen to a story rather than just watch the pictures. And mommies and daddies will enjoy it too :)
12 people found this helpful
on 19 April 2018
Grandchildren enjoy Percy just as much as my kids did when they were small
on 6 February 2018
My 2yr old granson loves this - watched again and again - have to say i love watching it too
on 24 March 2018
Really happy pleasant individual episode stories about the daily toil of Percy & his interactions with the animals-my 2 year old Grandson enjoys it
on 25 May 2017
Lovely, my granddaughter loves it. The stories are gentle and are all about animals and the kind park keeper Percy.
on 1 February 2018
My nephew always liked this when he was a kid, and now his little girl likes it too!
on 19 September 2008
Just delightful, the music, the animation is sweet and delightful the stories kind and gentle all from an apparent time when road rage never existed and the worlds biggest worry was homemade lemonade. Jolly happy Percy never frustrated always patient whatever troubles and worries the fox, the badger, the mice and the rabbits bring upon him. The DVD and the books are equally delightful they will be enjoyed for many years by boys and girls and, for sure parents.
9 people found this helpful