Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£8.35+ £1.26 shipping

on 5 April 2017
fast service, well packed, a great cd, many thanks
on 15 December 2003
This song whilst not reaching such hieghts in it's previous release by tears for fears is a song un-rivaled in my humble opinion. I heard the song once on the radio at the start of last week and can honestly say I was gutted to have to wait a week to be able to buy it. From a film of equal quality the song can have much read into it and can probably bring about much debate but aside from all that the music and lyrics just sound fantastic. It's one of few slow songs that has grabbed my attention but now I can't stop listening to it!
on 13 December 2003
Christmas number ones are moments in time. Mad World is a very poignant reflection of the world today either by accident or design I don't care, it is pure genius. For anyone who loves music and buys this single they can at least tell their kids I was a part of making history. I believe as long as Simon Cowell does not buy up all the Pop Idol singles in the shops (sadly likely) then this could be the best selling single of the year. Now wouldn't that be a refreshing change!
on 10 January 2004
What can I say about this song? I sit spell bound by its simplicity wondering whether to cry or to try and swallow the lump in my throat. I have not been affected by a song like this for a very long time and Gary Jules sings it beautifully. Buy it, you will not be disappointed!!!
on 26 November 2003
Wow. This song is probably the most beautiful, touching, sad, elegant piece of music i'v heard. It stirs your soul from the first note. Originally a Tears For Fears track, this version justifies the lyrics so much better than the original. Deeply emotive, almost perfect. God i love this song...
on 23 December 2003
Gary Jules has pulled off a timeless masterpiece of a cover of the old '82 Tears For Fears tune, which cannot fail to move even the most joyous and upbeat yuletide reveller. It would be the perfect soundtrack to watching snow falling (if we ever get to see any over this period), though I'm not sure it's really suitable as a Christmas no.1, but just think of the alternatives....a smug teenager or two, for example?
on 28 November 2003
I bought the Donnie Darko soundtrack for this song, as it moved me soo much when I heard in on the film. I do remember the original and loved the lyrics then, but this version brings them to a whole new level. It still touches my soul and sends shivers down my spine every time I hear it. I know it will chart well and I hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I do.
on 31 December 2003
This is a really haunting song. I've heard it mentioned in the press that it's depressing, but I find it beautiful. I love the simple arrangement - it's really chilled out. I'm so glad it was Christmas number one, it's much better than Christmas number ones of recent years.
on 22 December 2003
This is one of the greatest songs ever. Played at the end of the film Donnie Darko, it really is an emotional masterpeice, a real tearjerker in the film and makes me feel very sombre and humble everytime i hear it.
Regardless of when this came out, Christmas or otherwise, this deserves to be number one, i cannot recommend it highly enough!
on 5 December 2003
Have only heard it once asked a friend who is it?
Is it Michael Stipe?
Is it Alex Parks?
Who is it - I must have it.
Gary Jules.
Who?
Well now I know.
Once heard forever playing in my head.
The power of music.