Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£18.95+ £1.26 shipping

on 17 November 2003
I have just heard this album. I'am a fairly old fan of KoRn and to be perfectly honest it doesn't compare it their eariler stuff. But one thing for sure is that its a HUGE step forward from Untouchables. Korn's style has changed slightly now in my opinion. It is more of a plain Metal genre than the Funk Metal it once was. Don't get me wrong though, there isn't anything wrong with this album. All you korn fans out there will not be anywhere near as disapointed as most were with untouchables, like I was. Although my expectations were lower this time I don't think this means I'm over rating the album.
Its definantly a buy, personally you'd have to of liked the eariler korn stuff to enjoy this album, as its showing how the band have grown and deveolped.
on 9 May 2009
The Cd don't arrive. I send TWO mails to the seller and he did'nt sad me anything. Recently I push a reclamation in A-Z Garantly and...i don't know about. It's a fault of respect, not are a professionals, simply a Thieves.
on 15 August 2015
This is by far the best Korn album.
on 25 November 2003
True Quality. An Awesome album lads. Sounds like a combination of KoRn's Untouchables album with guitar riffs and lyrics like heard on their Follow the leader album. If you like KoRn You are going to like this. Jon Davis sounds at his best. Listen to Y'all want a single and y'all know what I mean. Fantastic. Proud to be a fan.
on 5 November 2003
This Album is probably the best yet i herd the album in london, the album is really really good im going to buy it the first day it comes out. The dvd you get free with it is good it is a cut up showing parts of the videos and some cuts of them getting ready for live shows it is a must buy album if you don't your mad and its at a resonable price so get pre-ordering
on 30 December 2015
Great
on 6 February 2004
Well, what can I say .. in my 16 years of exsistance I dont think I've recieved so much dissapointment. I've been a big fan of KoRn since the wee tender age of 8. I got their first album for my birthday and it opened my eyes to a totally new world of music. KoRn shocked and stunned the world with their down tuned 7 sting guitars and grunty vocals courtesy of Jon.D. This album comes nowhere near to even touching their first two albums. It really all depends what type of KoRn you like .. the old heavy KoRn, or the new sissy-coz-ive-run-out-of-good-lyrics-and-all-our-songs-now-sound-the-same-and-weve-resorted-to-rap-coz-we-want-more-fans type of KoRn. If this was to be your first purchase of the KoRn saga, I wouldnt recommend it .. start with the first and work your way up, it makes so much more sense. All bands tend to worm away from their original sound after a period of time .. just look at the band Slipknot for example. Need I say more? Hence all that generously kind critisim .. there is one decnt track which gripped me - Everything I've Known. The DVD is excellent aswell, thats the best bit about this CD-DVD combo. The inside booklet is also very entertaining aswell .Thats why this combo gets two stars, one for its booklet, one for the DVD.
on 29 November 2003
After the huge dissapointment of "Untouchables" it was difficult to know what to expect from TALITM, first of it is definatley a better album and there is some attempt to return to their earlier sound.The stand out track is definatley "Did my time" which would have fitted well on "Issues".Korn have seemed a little lost since "Issues", arguably their best work as it acheived what korn have been trying to do for the past no. of years, move on.Other stand out tracks include:-
"Play me", an extremley catchy song featuring NAS on lead vocals and haunting backing vocals from Jonathan.
"Counting on me", a fine anthemic song with a quirky verse
"Right now" While it doesnt have the edge of some of korns heavier songs it is one of the best on this album.
Overall, TALITM seems to be a tentative attempt to bounce back from untouchables, and while you wont find many better metal albums this year, its seems obvious to say that Korn have lost "something".Buy it if you want a good listen, but dont expect a back-to-their-best album.Sadly we're still waiting for a decent follow up to "Issues".
on 28 February 2004
Let me get this straight, after a couple of dodgy albums, this album is the glorious return of the Korn of old. At least, that's what certain magazines are telling us to think. The problem is, I don't, because I'm not being paid to bootlick. For startes, Issues is actually one of the best Korn albums and cruelly underrated, and Untouchables may not have been a commercial success, but since when did sales mean quality? Does that make The Darkness better than [insert name of band infinitly better than The Darkness, but who sold an iota of the albums]? Besides, Untouchables had two instant classics and a few extra good songs, this has...
Things start off promisingly with Right Now, until halfway through it turns into what Korn are supposedly rallying against - manufactured, misplaced anger than substitutes the f-word for emotion.
And before I get sidetracked, the whole point of Y'All Want A Single? is blatant hypocrisy. After all, isn't Did My Time the single from the Tomb Raider 2 soundtrack? There is no way you can justify one when the other is on the same CD. The fact Right Now was released Statside beforehand also adds to the argument.
It also doesn't help when half the album seems to become one hymoginous mass that is only broken when all of a sudden Nas turns up out of nowhere, again with little rhyme or reason. Children of the Korn worked, this doesn't - plain and simple. The cover of One also seems to fit anywhere and, once again, this was also released as a B-side for Did My Time. How can an album that is supposedly the big comeback be so damn lazy in its execution?
The DVD doesn't offer much, either. A medley of videos (missing Faget - why?), a cut & paste video for Right Now, and a couple of bits and bobs that couldn't be fit on the Deuce DVD, and lok the same. Also, you get quite worried at their reaction when they don't get the right doughnuts, considering they're supposedly trying to shed their Follow The Leader era image of stadium rock, bling-bling rock superstars.
Korn are a good band - we have ten years worth of evidence that proves this, either in albums or individual songs. However, this just doesn't fit into the mix in any way, and sticks out like a sore thumb - a thumb that tries to hard to perform something it isn't designed for. In trying to prove their mettle, Korn have managed to make the worst album of their careers. Yes, at least Life Is peachy had a few redeeming features, but this is hollow as it comes. The DVD actually makes it seem worse value, and that's worrying. Inm trying to step off the path, rather than lead the pack, they have stepped into a trap that has caused irreprable damage.
Time to re-evaluate Untouchables, and not blame Napster or Kazaa for a drop in sales, as the end result is this reflexive mish-mash of half baked ideas that sound like a band trying to copy Korn, rather than a band that IS Korn.
on 13 May 2004
kick ass album, some great tunes, nice and heavy, great calabration with NAS