VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 October 2013
I have used pedometers for years now as motivators. I aim for 10,000 steps a day and love it when the little man raises his arms in salute as you get over that.

There is a strange, perhaps 'sad', satisfaction in getting the required number of steps fitted into your day. A substantial distance travelled on foot just feels right and good. As distance is shown in miles I can relate properly to the length I have walked. The aerobic steps counter is particularly revealing - this is a count of the steps taken without pause, so on a long walk without stopping you may chalk up an impressive total. However even a busy day around the house with thousands of steps taken may show almost none of them to be aerobic.

I bought this because I gave away my last, smaller, one to my daughter in law when she was training to climb Mount Kilimanjaro.

Perhaps though more savvy people these day have apps on their phones to show the same info. Not me for as I don't carry a mobile phone.

This Omron Go Smart Pocket pedometer is less likely to be lost or washed as it has a safety lead, clip and small plastic pouch style belt clip. It is bigger than some of the sleeker, lozenge shaped ones. I find it rather clunky and noticeable.

Setting the pedometer up is OK, you have to stick a thin stick (opened up paperclip say) into the hole at the back if you get the order of setting wrong. That re sets the system.

The next stage will be for this to be a bit lighter and smaller. That said the larger display is easier to read. Flicking back through the past week can show progress, or lack of of it.

Also Omron, how about making one for dogs!
11 Comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 May 2014
Good price for all these features. Easy to scroll through displays. Much better than my pendulum type pedometer. Not too difficult to set up but worth the effort to get the pace distance spot-on. When checked against other runners/walkers with GPS apps on their mobile - this product is accurate enough for me for distance covered but suspect that it is recording part of my bumpy car journey to my training spot. Only thing stopping this getting 5 stars is the weak belt clip = useless, therefore you need to trap the meter INSIDE your shorts when running and put a decent cord attachment onto it. I ditched the issued cheap clip and cord for a more secure one. Used for a couple of months now and well pleased with the readouts.
on 10 June 2013
A well made accurate pedometer with a reliable clock that I have had for about a month. As I use it for walking, it would have been ideal to have a zero button to enable individual sections of walks to be measured without having to subtract one reading from another.
It zeros itself automatically at the end of each day so we are not dealing with higher mathematics. It certainly records footsteps more accurately than pendulum type pedometers I have tried in the past.

The belt clip is secure but I thread the additional cord, which is supplied with it, through belt loops as a precaution against losing it.
0Comment| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 February 2014
The only thing I dislike about the Omron HJ-112 Premium Digital Pedometer is that it is not possible to reset the readout at will. For example, when travelling to a walking venue by car, the Omron clicks up a reading. It is not possible to reset the machine before setting off on the walk. This slight disappointment apart, I find the machine quite good.
on 26 January 2014
Battery compartment very fiddly a captive retaining screw would help, I lost mine on the floor and it took ages to find. Not the easiest to set up but book was good.
on 1 December 2013
I know it is my fault being a bit of a technophobe ( reading instructions can send my brain into meltdown) but the first day I used the pedometer I wore it for my two regular walks. It registered 3 miles which is correct. the second day I wore it all day doing the two walks, a shopping trip to town and all the house chores and it registered 2.1/2 miles. I am no way blaming the pedometer but I have yet to find out where I went wrong. No problem with the supplier. It was delivered well within time.
on 23 January 2014
This is my third Omron Step Counter. I lost one, and the other didn't survive the washing machine.
Great for motivation to help you take simple exercise, like walking for the good of your health. Also good for showing sometimes how little or how much you do each day, especially in an office environment.
on 4 July 2015
Excellent product. Although basic it covered all my needs while training for a 24hr charity walk. I found it very accurate. I could predict arrival times and steps taken as it was so accurate. Only thing I do not like is that it resets at midnight. I would prefer a manual reset rather than auto.
on 21 March 2013
Great little device - bought it for my other half, who is in training for a 13km charity walk. She loves it too.

Easy to set up and shows steps, aerobic steps, calories burned and distance covered in miles. It stores each days data for seven days, so you can easily copy your daily data into your diary for reference as to your progress.

Comes with a waist clip holder and wrist strap - can't see the point of that really, but it was in the box!

Highly recommended.
on 22 July 2013
Have brought ones in the past that proved to be problematic and had not found one that I was happy with, until now, this is a very simple and accurate pedometer to use, I love it and will by another one at the end of this ones life, I use it most days and have had it 3 months now and it also records your jogging motion as well as walking steps, tells the time/calls burned and is very clear to see (as I need reading glasses & have no probs seeing this)