on 17 February 2005
I bought this card for my Nikon Coolpix 5200 camera. I was advised that you need the 'Hi Speed' card to utilise the cameras video functions. I took the camera on a snowboarding holiday and got over 90 pictures on Full Res. (1Meg each) and over two minutes of video before the battery ran out... and I'd only used 410Meg memory space of the 512 available!
It worked perfectly. I've also transfered some Big music files from Pc to Pc using the camera & card. Takes around 1 min per 100Meg for transfers on a USB. Very Happy.
on 22 October 2004
I bought this memory card for my Konica Z3 Digital camera.Had alot of problems with a San Disk SD ard and was told by Konica it was probably due to the fact that cameras over 4 Million Pixels require high speed SD as standard sd is far too slow.Looked around on the web and found this ByteStor card at a incredible price .£30 pounds cheaper than any other high speed card.Card arrived the day after I placed the order and wow is this card fast.Makes a huge difference when taking muliple shots one after the other and so far I have stored 312 pictures on this one tiny card.5 stars to ByteStor and 5 stars to amazon !!
0Comment| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 September 2005
I have been using ByteStor cards now for about 2 years and have found them to be great value for money without compromising on quality.Most of these cards are made by Toshiba.This is the latest ByteStor purchase I have made and it is the same speed as San Disks Ultra 2 SD cards but is a fraction of the price.Interesting site to have a look on is ByteStor.com where you can get advice and help.
Well done ByteStor.
on 9 November 2005
I have been using the card with a Canon ixus 50 and found that for pictures it is fine. For movies, however, about one in three movies that I record stops half way through and the camera displays an E16 error message before turning off. I have wondered whether it was the camera or the card but after reading reviews for this and the 1GB Bytestor card it seems very likely that there are problems with the card.
These problems are not always present and I have been able to record movies for up to about a minute with no problems (I haven't tried to record for any longer than that).
If you only want the card for images then in my personal experience there is no problem with it, but it does seem to struggle with movies.
on 7 January 2005
I got a new Canon camera for Christmas and after taking 15 pictures I filled the card I got with the camera up, so I decided to buy this card due to price and speed .Card arrived next day and is fantastically fast and reliable .I also bought a ByteStor Pen drive for work and wow what a difference it makes .
on 11 August 2005
I've been using SD cards for about 2 years .My first one was a Lexar card which I got when I bought my first digital camera.Straight away I realised that a 32mb card is far too small for a two week holiday so I invested £110 in a Lexar 128mb card which was a good price at the time.I have now seen the light.If you look on the web you will see that memory cards are only made by a few manufactueres worldwide and that most of the so called "branded cards" are not made by the companies that label them.This means us consumers are paying up to 50% more for our memory cards because of the little label that comes on the card .Its like buying designer clothes ,except you wouldn't walk around showing off your designer memory card would you? .ByteStor appear to have the right idea.Detail the speed of the card they are selling and sell it at a price which does not hurt the pocket.Do the comparisions your self and you will see that you can't buy a card of this speed or size cheaper anywhere on the web.Trust me names are nothing more than marketing, value ,speed and reliability are the most important factors when making a purchase .Buy well buy ByteStor
on 6 August 2005
This Bytestar SD card is bad news. We ordered one and used it for a month, no problem, then it went wrong by not displaying photos we had taken or storing new ones but we did manage to print or download all the photos saved. We returned it to Amazon and agreed on a replacement. This arrived and again worked OK for 2 months before causing an error that made us lose priceless photos taken on a £250 track day as a 30th birthday present. Not impressed. We will return this item to Amazon but this time ask for a refund and buy another make.
on 2 March 2005
I bought this card to use with my Lumix camera. I wanted a fast card to handle short movies and quick still shots. It is great. Works very well. It was not the cheapest on Amazon, but the others had doubtful reviews, so the extra couple of ££ seems worth it. Faultless transfer of files onto disc, speedy capture of images and good value. What else could you ask for? Well, it works well in my Palm Tungsten too. This was half the price for twice the capacity of my last SD card. Great product, and it arrived by post in just two days.
on 9 January 2005
I bought the card for my Sharp GX30 and it works a treat.I can now hold thousands of pics and videos and i've got around 100 mp3's on my phone with room to spare.With the SD reader it couldn't be simpler, all you have to do is drag and drop the files and its done, in a matter of seconds.At the price it is, you'd be fool not to buy it!Highly recommended!
on 10 May 2005
This memory card is significantly cheaper than some of its counter-parts which are available from better known brand names but be warned, it may not prove to be the bargain it first appears to be. I recently bought one for my Canon digital camera but, just three days and eight photos later, the first "Memory Card Error" message appeared - and now the camera won't recognise it at all. Maybe I've just been unlucky but having read some of the other reviews for the 512Mb and 1Gb version of this card it seems I'm not the only one.
My advice? Pay a little bit extra and stick to a well known brand name.