Customer reviews

1,286
NETGEAR GS105UK 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch
Size: 5 Port|Style: Unmanaged|Change

on 13 November 2017
Runs on 13amp Mains Cable. Nothing to do, just plug in the Source and Feed Ethernet Cables and turn the Mains Power on.
The tiny LED lights let you know when the cable is connected successfully by lighting up, so if it is out, then you have a connection issue. Unused sockets simply just sit there, LED unlit. Recommend getting a Switch with at least 1 more socket than needed, as you will curse if you later on, decide to use another ethernet device, and have no socket to use.
on 3 July 2017
I've just installed this in a new build home to essentially create around 10 outputs which then go to other rooms around the house. I honestly do not know what to do with a managed switch hence I opted for the unmanaged switch.

It's got a metal exterior so well made and I've wall mounted it which was really easy to do. I chose a 16 port to give me the ability to expand in the future and the price difference wasn't that much between this and the one with less ports.
on 10 October 2016
Bought this to solve me needing to use homeplugs in my front room, I have an ethernet ring behind the walls in my house and a few ports in different rooms. In front room I needed a device that oculd handle up to 1gb having recently been upgraded to a new 1gb services via hyperoptic. This works like a dream, has 8 ports so all my devices are connected, PS4, xbox, apple tv, amazon tv, sonos, etc etc. No issues really easy to set up , plug and play and very little drop in speed. No complaints and a great purchase, box is also very well made.
on 21 October 2017
Very easy to install. Does what it says on the tine. Plug it in , connect the ethernet cables and off you go. Installed a mini ethernet LAN to replace an iffy wi fi signal and it works a treat. External cable up the side of the house into the loft, mount the kit, wire to the computer, plug in and bingo. Have tested speed to my router from BT Infinity and then speed to computer via the network and there is virtually no change . Can't ask for much better than that. Highly recommended.
on 18 October 2017
I needed a Gigabit switch to replace one I think it faulty and wanted one that was managed so I can see what it going on.

NetGear is a good and and I have always been happy with the quality, this one was a good price and free delivery and so far its worked very well.

The only negative is that is does not have SNMP which means I can monitor remotely and at this price you cant complain.
on 31 August 2017
Have couple of these for home/home office use, extending my network to an outside office for PC and music streaming. Very simple plug and play solution with the quality I have come to expect from Netgear. As usual this provides very good value without compromising on performance.
I have not yet installed the advanced management features as the plug and play connections are working perfectly well.
on 17 June 2017
Had to get a replacement as first one was defective (hence only 4 star). However, excellent Amazon returns policy meant replacement sent out before old one was received back by them. Second one has worked perfectly straight out the box. Just a note on Netgear support - awful. On hold forever, then passed from pillar to post.

Anyway, on with the review. Solidly built and the wall clip easy to install. Great way of tidying up cables under your desk if, like me, you have lots of IT equipment. Device is fanless, so produces no noise. Only criticism is that the plug is not a tight fit and feel like it might get easily pulled out by accident. Other than that, everythng you would expect from a netgear product, good build quality, looks good, good features etc.
on 23 April 2017
Needed a little bit more control over my home network than a dumb hub, so after some research I decided on this.. Price was good and it does all I need.. I now have a number of these and a wireless AP from the same range.
on 29 September 2017
Being used to connect a smart TV, Blu-ray player and Humax Freesat box to a router. Advertised as a 'Plug'n'Play' switch, it worked straight out of the box, with no set-up required. Very happy with the performance; it's a more stable solution for internet connection than the 3 devices' built-in Wi-Fi. Since installation, no resets have been required.
on 22 March 2017
I have a four port but ran out of ports so bought this and moved the four port behind the TVto hard wire the boxes there... this one has eight.... they are easy to set up just plug the internet router, wifi exstender or power over ethernet in any port and then you can plug your other devices in.... no more depending on flakey wifi..