Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 April 2004
I couldn't possibly put a greater selection of Chili peppers song's onto aCD myself. This features plenty of their hits, from old to new and is anenjoyable listen for anyone. Also, if you're only new to the Chilis Iwould suggest buying this album. However older fans should purchase thisalso. Its a great buy. Not to mention the DVD, which for Chili fanaticslike me is a great bonus. That also features some of their best videos andsome extras. So in other words really.. Buy it now!
on 6 March 2004
I got this album as a christmas present, deliberately asking for the dvd set knowing there was some great stuff to be seen and heard, and Im not dissapointed.The album is a great mix of music capturing most aspects of the band's feel- the earlier hybrid rock/funk- Higher Ground, Suck my kiss, Give it away, the playful funk of By the Way, Fortune Faded, Don't stop and Aeroplane. And also the side that all of us loves when it shines through in the form of My Friends, Other Side, Road Trippin', Under the Bridge, Californication and more, with the incredible guitaur of John Fruschiante, Dave Navarro and Flea.
As word got out of its near release, a few friends and i were sat around guessing what would be included, most we guessed right apart from one song (Parallel Universe) which took us all by surprise. Don't get it wrong, I like it, but I wouldnt go so far as to put it on the greatest hits. I would have preffered Can't Stop or something similar, but It doesn't tarnish my view of the album.
Only problem as others have mentioned is that the first page of the roadwork on the DVD has no sound- I've played it on X-box and thats all, maybe it's to do with the copy protection ( which by the way didn't work as I copied the cd onto my X-box as an mp3).
Maybe it's just that I'm still bitter from getting tickets to their Hyde Park London gig in June to find out I can't go and will have to sell them (and before my inbox fills up with offers someone has already got a deposit on them!)
All in all this is a great album, so don't listen to those to tell you to go buy all their other albums instead as they have the same songs on them (thats the Idea of a Greatest Hits album isn't it?) So go buy it before I do for the second time!
This is a fantastic album, and the dvd is brilliant, but anyone who says that, 'this is the only cd any chili peppers fan needs' is talking crap. How could any one forget their first four albums (especially freaky styley (1985), the funkiest album ever, and the uplift mofo party plan (1987), the happiest coolist funnest most uplifting album ever. Apart from the inclusion of higher ground, there is no reference to these albums at all. So, yes it is a great collection of tracks with an absolutely crazy ton of cool extras, but its far from being, 'all any chili peppers fan needs'. Also, I've also had no sound for about the first four on the road bits.
on 28 December 2003
The new greatest hits album is a major improvement on the 2 "What Hits?" albums. They capture a much wider collection of songs from one of the most constantly changing bands in the world.
Almost seamlessly, they combine the strong funk influence of the late 80s and early 90s with the much more recent rock aspect.
There was one huge mistake made in selecting tracks for the CD; "Universally Speaking". This terrible song brings down the CD from its podium as the pinnicle of rock and funk to just another good "greatest hits". It could easily have been replaced with "I Could Have Lied" or another shining star from "BSSM"
on 13 December 2003
The Greatest Hits and Videos is a near essential purchase for any Chili's fan.
Featuring most of their hits (although a couple are missing) and a good selection of 16 promo videos on the enclosed DVD it's a great antidote to the production line pop that seesm to inhabit much of the charts.
My only gripe is that the CD is "Copy Protected" which means I can't download it to listen to on my MP3 player and I can't make a copy to keep in the car.
I know piracy is a major problem, but this really hacks me off.
I have to constantly transfer the CD between my home audio system and my car - and I can't listen to it at all when I'm out and about elsewhere. Surely there must be another solution?
I would have given this item the maximum 5 stars if it hadn't been copy protected.
on 14 January 2007
this is an awesome album complete with the best songs ever-what more could you want?? hows about the chance to put the tracks on a pc.

the cd comes with copy protection which stops you from putting it on the pc, you can only listen which is a real bugger if you want to place it in an mp3 player!!

5 stars for the actual music contained within 1 star for the security

so if your planning on putting this on your mp3 player then download online but this is an essential for all red hot chili peppers fans!!
on 22 January 2004
Fantastic album - if you can play it on your CD/DVD. I have tried playing the DVD on a year old Sony DVD player and an X-Box and can only play the first 2 tracks. The CD will not play on these platforms either but it does play on my CD player. I know it is not a one off because this is the second copy I have tried.
The sad part is it looks so good I am considering buying a new DVD player rather than getting my money back.
on 26 January 2004
I have only recently started to listen to the RHCP and from purchasing this CD, I was able to find samples from their earlier albums because so far i have only By The Way and Californication. Under The Bridge is an amazing song and I just love Suck My Kiss. It also includes Fortune Faded which isnt availiable on other albums. A must-have CD.
on 25 July 2015
Couple of beauties here the video documentaries are superb the cd is episode. Zephyr song is the highlight along with stevie wonders cover. Narh their all good
on 17 July 2015
Top cd all you need from the chillies hot hot hot