on 12 January 2017
I like the original DareDevil movie, I guess that puts me in a minority, but this version, the directors cut is a much superior film. It's 30 minutes longer than the original, but instead of just bloating out the film, the additional 30 minutes adds so many more facets to the film; Matt Murdock is now a more defined and distinct character instead of the 'filler' he was in the cinema cut, he helps define the morals and motivations of the character. It's darker as well, the fight scenes are longer with real pain at the end (much like the TV series) and the there is a proper narrative / story to the film now with clear progress and resolution. The added subplot, featuring Coolio as a man framed for murder, ties together a lot of the loose ends of the original cut, demonstrates what the Matt Murdock character does when he is not DareDevil and fleshes out not just the main characters but the second line support, such as the Jon Favreau character. In this version you get a much better ending, with a longer, grittier fight between DD and Kingpin (another character that is developed more).

OK, you still have to put up with the Colin Farrell 'Bullseye', overacting and mugging to the camera at every opportunity - but that aside, this is the film that should have been released.

Delivery was very prompt, arriving 2 days before the scheduled date so I would certainly buy from this supplier again.
on 29 March 2017
This movie gets so much flack, I like it.
I'm not basing this on the comics, since I have not read any.
Ben Affleck, Colin Farrell and Michael Clarke-Duncan are great and enjoyable to watch, Jennifer Garner on the other hand play's Elektra ok, but does not fit.
Do not believe others, make your own mind up.
on 4 October 2016
Much better than the theatrical version. From the great soundtrack to the awesome fight scenes to the natural chemistry between Affleck & Garner to the comedy of John Favreau, this film is a blast. It's not perfect but it is ambitious and worth a watch!
on 12 February 2016
I have the original theatrical release DVD, so resisted getting this for a long time. The extra 30 minutes transforms this from a good movie to a great one. They should have issued this cut in the first place.
on 23 December 2015
I love this movie. I'm a huge Batman fan, have been all my life. I knew nothing of Daredevil until I saw this film.
This movie made me a fan of the character and now he's my favourite Marvel Superhero.
I don't know why this movie gets the hate it does, I recognize it's faults; it isn't a perfect movie, but it's a damn good one.
Even as a Batman fan foremost I would rather watch this than The Dark Knight Rises. The plot is better, the script is better, and I love the tone, the action, and the smaller, more intimate story. In a world where every superhero movie these days have the hero saving the world, it's quite nice to watch a movie about a vigilante trying to make a small difference in his corner of the city.

I think the vast majority of hate this movie receives comes from sheet jumping on the internet bandwagon as they so often do. The writer/director poured his heart and soul into this film and worked under incredible pressure from the studio. That much is clear from the special features. I guarantee you, if this movie came out now exactly as is, but under the MCU the sheep would love it. I just wish we could have gotten a few sequels instead of all this irrational hate...

I waited for a sequel for years. In some ways, I'm still waiting. Nobody cares much about a film with a low Rotten Tomatoes aggregate review score ... nobody but me.
on 23 December 2013
This film was unfairly criticised.

While this is not exactly a great movie, its nowhere near as bad as people make out. There are many good things going for this and they are cinematography, costumes and dialogue. Some of the dialogue is actually pretty good and way more memorable than other movies which are overrated. The cinematography gives the movie tons of atmosphere. The action, not exactly great but again, its not that bad. Seeing daredevil leap over rooftops, using his grappling hooks etc were nice.

Jennifer garner does very well in her role as ELEKTRA (whihc her spin off movie was very underrated too. Will make a separate review of that). Her acting is very good and shes a very likeable character. Heroism oozes out of her. Ben himself does a good enough job as DAREDEVIL and his acting is decent.

Some movies are singled out by the horrible critics and media to be a flop. Even if that movie is actually pretty good, these nasty critics will purposely convince themselves they are seeing a crap movie. Vice versa, some movies are singled out to be major hits, so even if that movie is actually crap, these critics will convince themselves they are seeing a good movie.

Dont listen to the stupid critics. see this for yourself and judge.
on 13 August 2014
A disturbingly dark and heavy superhero flick that becomes one of the better films of the genre.
Everyone thinks that Batman Begins was the first serious, dark, super hero movie, their wrong, X-men did it first and then: Daredevil.
This movie is quite simply the Marvel version of 'Batman Begins'. It's not afraid to explore the darker side of Daredevil.
Ben Affleck is fantastic as Matt Murdock/Daredevil. Grade A. He's great and that's that!
I enjoyed the original version but the new director's cut version of this film is just fabulous.
Make no mistakes about it, the director's cut makes Daredevil a great super hero action flick:
that's the proper mixture of good acting, deep emotion an interesting story, and dark violence.
on 12 June 2014
As a teenager I grew up watching the Daredevil movie and reading the comics. He's still my favourite Marvel character. I loved the original daredevil film then, but have to admit as I look back; it was pretty poor. So when I read a few reviews for the Director's Cut I got curious.
The film is considerably longer, and considerably better! There is so much more detail in there that gives more depth to the characters and to the story line. A lot more attention is paid to Matt as a lawyer and this ties into the storyline brilliantly. I'd say it actually makes the film! There is more comic book content, especially references to the Frank Miller version. Comic fans will love it.
Why the church setting...the film answers it.
The Electra/Daredevil relationship...the film improves it.
The legal partnership relationship...the film strengthens it.
Much better dialogue. Every character in the film is given more time and therefore the film portrays their character more intimately.

As Ben Affleck admitted, the theatrical version sucked badly and I can only urge anyone who was disappointed with the original PLEASE watch the Directors Cut and I'm sure you'll love it.
on 8 May 2015
Daredevil- Directors Cut- R1 DVD. 2003.
The film is a widescreen release & the picture
quality is very good. When villain Bullseye is
on screen things get pretty exciting, when he's
not, the film feels laboured & dull. The extra
violence and bad language help a bit, but the
fact remains that the film should have been twice
as violent at the very least. Check out the
Frank Miller Daredevil comics & see how
it should have been done, they are fantastic...
...bloody nerds are ruining amazon.
Extras: commentary, making of Directors Cut.
Run Time: 2hr 13min 2secs.
on 11 May 2017
A much better film with the extra 30mins..No a great film, but better that the theatrical version. Worth a watch.